Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey.

in a hypothetical situation ...

there is a girl who is quite pretty but doesnt have great skin. Her forehead is quite bumpy with a few bigger spots. Does this have a big effect on what guys think of her and are they a lot less likely to fancy her??

Comments

• Options
    How old are you? I'm guessing teenage, and sadly I'd say that your average teenage boy is extremely image-conscious and focussed on a girl's looks rather than her personality, mainly because at this stage they're so worried about what their friends and other boys think of the girls they're seeing.

I'm 17 and one of the younger ones out of all my friends, and I think that by now most of my male friends have grown out of that luckily so don't worry, it's not always that bad :)

If it really gets you down, try going to your doctor and getting antibiotics for your skin - I went on a course of them for about a month last autumn when my skin was going through a really nasty patch and they solved the problem very quickly :) Other than that, make sure you drink *lots* of water, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, and avoid the following:
    Fizzy drinks
    Coffee and tea
    Junk food
    Food with additives
    Spicy food
    etc
  • Options
    Sorry just realised you said it was a hypothetical situation - so replace 'you' with 'this girl' :)
  • Options
    It wouldn't worry me.