Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why Bristol.....?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    how about Poland. Heck, everyone likes poland. :p

We might as well make the most of it and invade while we're there.
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    For starters, it's a very conveniently located city in the South,

so are the people that live in the north not entitled to it?
    and i aint saying this because i live here,but i think it should be in a central city thus being as convienient as possible for

everyone

not just the people in the middle and the south
    LOL sorry, but I didn't choose Bristol. :)
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    We might as well make the most of it and invade while we're there.

why not? :D

poland it is then :)
    Look you lot, just stop you whinging. It was just a suggestion that a few people get together. It should be blindingly obvious that not everybody can make it, no matter where it is. Bristol was suggested because there are quite a few from Bristol and the surrounding area. If there's another city that a few of you come from, then arrange your own. For example, there are a load of you from London, and Glasgow. If you want a meet, then arrange it. The same for anybody living in Manchester, Birmingham, or wherever. The more meet ups the better, that way if you can't make one, you might be able to make another. So you want one close to where you live (because you're whinging about having to travel), then arrange it! Pull your finger out and arrange it. Simple as that.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Like i said in my post. I dont want arguing. If you don't wanna come/can't then sorry. Arrange one yourself ok?!
    Oh and its in Bristol cos i live here :p
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Look you lot, just stop you whinging. It was just a suggestion that a few people get together. It should be blindingly obvious that not everybody can make it, no matter where it is. Bristol was suggested because there are quite a few from Bristol and the surrounding area. If there's another city that a few of you come from, then arrange your own. For example, there are a load of you from London, and Glasgow. If you want a meet, then arrange it. The same for anybody living in Manchester, Birmingham, or wherever. The more meet ups the better, that way if you can't make one, you might be able to make another. So you want one close to where you live (because you're whinging about having to travel), then arrange it! Pull your finger out and arrange it. Simple as that.

Mr_Wobble ;)

mr wobble, you musnt have read my posts, its sorted. Were meeting up in poland. Now for dates....
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Like i said in my post. I dont want arguing. If you don't wanna come/can't then sorry. Arrange one yourself ok?!

Exactly.......FFS stop wingeing.

Hey I made it perfectly clear I couldnt go to Bristol, if I wanted a meet nearer me then i'd arrange a damned bloody meet near me.

Now Tweetys arranged Bristol if you wanna go then go, if you dont.......STOP complaining !!!!

End of rant :D
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Exactly.......FFS stop wingeing.

Hey I made it perfectly clear I couldnt go to Bristol, if I wanted a meet nearer me then i'd arrange a damned bloody meet near me.

Now Tweetys arranged Bristol if you wanna go then go, if you dont.......STOP complaining !!!!

End of rant :D

Thankyou me dear :D.Btw i aint arranged it yet :p lol. *Runs*
    Hear, hear.
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Thankyou me dear :D.Btw i aint arranged it yet :p lol. *Runs*

Well get that ass into gear then *Me Dear* :D

Right listen to me cos (in my French accent) " I will say this only once " :p

You say When
    You say Where
    You say Time
    You say Whats happening

and if nobody likes it.............Tough Shit :D:p
    how about Poland. Heck, everyone likes poland. :p

*raises hand* I don't...
    mr wobble, you musnt have read my posts, its sorted. Were meeting up in poland. Now for dates....
    No no no no! It can't be! I mean, what about the American members? No, it has to be Easter Island! See you there! :thumb:

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I have just had another thought if thats ok :D

One reason as to why the meet ups might not do as well is because most of them are aimed at early evenings carrying on till everyone drops. Have you thought a day meet may be more sucessful.
    Take me and I guess theres many like myself who could not stay overnight. Some younger members would not be allowed to travel and stay overnight. If you had a meet that was just a day thing then people would just go for the day and then head home, if people wanted to carry it on over night then thats up to them.

Just one of my ideas, but I think it could work :D
    P.S im not moaning, im trying to be helpful :D
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    No no no no! It can't be! I mean, what about the American members? No, it has to be Easter Island! See you there! :thumb:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Ok we'll comprimise... the ancient indian island of bogota. Sound fair? :D

Mr_Duffy ;)
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    *raises hand* I don't...

thats what you think.
    Ok we'll comprimise... the ancient indian island of bogota. Sound fair?

Eh? Don't you mean the present-day Colombian capital? :)
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    OH MY GOD.

WHY DO YOU ALLLLLLL DO THIS? You know that everyone is gonna be a pain in the arse. OOOOh, it should be in London, oooooh, Cornwall, ooooh Birmingham, oooooh...somewhere in Scotland.

RARGH. :mad:

Then someone picks somewhere in the middle and you all say, nooo, it should be in London, noooo it should be in Scotland. God. GOOOOOOD. :p

NOTHING EVER CHANGES!!!! *screams at the sky*

And THEN NONE OF YOU GO ANYWAY!!! Argh.

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

She's right you know. There have been at LEAST three thesite meets, and a few more exclusive ones that individuals who know turtle (:p) have been on. One was in Birmingham. Do you know why you think it's all the oldies that go on these things? BECAUSE WE'RE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO EVER DAMN WELL TURN UP!!!! There have also been two in London, one where everyone crashed at Alistair's after going to the ministry, and another where we all got stoned in someone's office and played cheat (not going to mention any names :D).

So yeah, do a meet. But someone needs to take charge, cos otherwise it'll end up fizzling out, or you'll try and compromise and choose somewhere like St Albans where NOONE wants to go and noone will turn up. The fact that there are people from all over the country means that there is ALWAYS someone who's not going to be happy about it, let alone the international members. Birmingham, we thought, was a good idea. It was only Kaz, Katy, J, LoL and me in the end, but we had a laugh.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!

She's right you know.

I'm always right. :p
    There have been at LEAST three thesite meets, and a few more exclusive ones that individuals who know turtle (:p) have been on.

AHEM. :o
    So yeah, do a meet. But someone needs to take charge, cos otherwise it'll end up fizzling out.

I still bet that they all end up being annoying like for the Birmingham thing and end up pulling out at the last minute.

And you and Al are still gonna have to put up with meh again at some point. :p When your exams are over or something?
    It'll be much easier when we invent teleporters, but by then i'll be dead and it won't be worth going:p
    Originally posted by Silverberg
    by then i'll be dead and it won't be worth going:p

Some people make the lamest excuses.... just because you`re dead doesn`t mean you can`t make the effort. :p
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Some people make the lamest excuses.... just because you`re dead doesn`t mean you can`t make the effort. :p

Lol :D
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Oh come on, even if i'm dead? Well I suppose i'll have to go now, decomposition and all.:p
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    For starters, it's a very conveniently located city in the South, with plenty of transport (train, coach and air) to and from it

Can i catch a plane from milton keynes to bristol
    I think so, behind the ski dome
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i liked the poland suggestion. i was all ready to meet there.

sorry tweety ... wont be able to make the bristol meet as im in edinburgh. have fun though!!
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    And you and Al are still gonna have to put up with meh again at some point. :p When your exams are over or something?

Ummm, i finish on the 19th of June, but from the 20th till the 10th of July i've got rehearsals and then performances of the Mikado to go to. So sometime after that'd probably be best - i would say come over half term, but a) i'm going to be in wales, and b) i'm going to be in the middle of an exam related nervous breakdown.