Home Anything Goes
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dumpling, Pudding, Bun...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
As you probably know, each member of each county has a nickname. For instance, those that come from Devon are called 'Devonshire Dumplings,' those from Yorkshire 'Yorkshire Puddings' and those from Bath 'Bath Buns.' What is it from your county?
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wah???????? I have no idea. Im from well beds/bucks. (postcode is beds but im under bucks for other stuff).You sure thats the case?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well im a Geordie slapper :lol::lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Pepsi_104
    You sure thats the case?

    Positive. :) Knew about it since I was a wee nipper. Don't think it's well-known though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    London looney?? :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wolverhampton wanderer?


    i dunno eh.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a welsh wizard or something like that, although I'd rather be a short-ass sheep :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I havent got a clue what the birmingham one is.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea, but the one for Dorset probably has something to do with farmers or tractors....even though I live nowhere near a farm :yeees:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's Essex then?!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Luce
    What's Essex then?!

    Dumb Blondes

    *Runs fast as fuck outta the building* :lol::lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don`t worry Mobily, I know what you`re talking about.

    I`m a Wiltshire Moonraker. :yes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I`m a Wiltshire Moonraker. B]

    Try to remember that one. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tunnocks TEACAKES!

    Or..

    Tunnocks Caramel Wafers..mm..:yum:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Try to remember that one. ;)

    Here`s the story;

    It seems the villagers of Wiltshire were wont to dealing in illicit spirits - the alcoholic kind, not the witchy stuff. This was in the days when most of rural England seemed to be doing the same - smuggling in French brandy to the coves of Devon and Dorset, trundling it in farmers' carts past dim-witted Excisemen, hiding it in the most unlikely places before selling it to foppish aristos who served it to the local magistrate. We've all seen the films.

    It seems the Smugglers of Devizes had hidden their barrels in the village pond.

    (Why, for God's sake? Couldn't they find a haystack? Or a secret passage to the crypt of the church?)

    So, they hid the barrels in the village pond. Then, by the light of a full, Westcountry moon, they set out to retrieve the contraband. At this point, the Excisemen turned up, wanting to know what they were up to at such an ungodly hour.

    Thinking quickly, the smugglers played dumb.

    "Arrr - we be raking for that girt big cheese"

    The revenue men saw that they were looking at the reflection of the full moon, and burst out laughing. Dismissing the miscreants as thick-as-two-short-plank yokels, they left the villagers to their "cheese".

    So, that's why Wiltshiremen are known as "Moonrakers".

    :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sussex cheese?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm, well I live in Tyne & Wear so I can't imagine that there is anything that can really go with that.....

    ..... I am a Mackem though. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea.

    Probably a "Hampshire Hog"

    yeah, that's it :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im the pudding, eat me ;)


    :naughty:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    Im the pudding, eat me

    Only if you're a chocolate pudding covered in lashings of delicious Devonshire clotted cream. :yum: How could I refuse? ;)

    *Digs in*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Here`s the story;

    It seems the villagers of Wiltshire were wont to dealing in illicit spirits - the alcoholic kind, not the witchy stuff. This was in the days when most of rural England seemed to be doing the same - smuggling in French brandy to the coves of Devon and Dorset, trundling it in farmers' carts past dim-witted Excisemen, hiding it in the most unlikely places before selling it to foppish aristos who served it to the local magistrate. We've all seen the films.

    It seems the Smugglers of Devizes had hidden their barrels in the village pond.

    (Why, for God's sake? Couldn't they find a haystack? Or a secret passage to the crypt of the church?)

    So, they hid the barrels in the village pond. Then, by the light of a full, Westcountry moon, they set out to retrieve the contraband. At this point, the Excisemen turned up, wanting to know what they were up to at such an ungodly hour.

    Thinking quickly, the smugglers played dumb.

    "Arrr - we be raking for that girt big cheese"

    The revenue men saw that they were looking at the reflection of the full moon, and burst out laughing. Dismissing the miscreants as thick-as-two-short-plank yokels, they left the villagers to their "cheese".

    So, that's why Wiltshiremen are known as "Moonrakers".

    :D
    because i just read every word of this post i have forgotten what the thread was about but ...i'm full of contraband now. this country has always been a smuggling people. in or out. it's a black economy that is now worth billions of pounds. which feeds into the white economy and supports under privalaged areas by way of crime. it wreaks havoc ...
    i'm rambling again.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lancashire Hotpot!! ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    Lancashire Hotpot!!

    By gum, int it grand are kid?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    By gum, int it grand are kid?

    :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    By gum, int it grand are kid?
    well i'll go to the foot of are stairs ...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Glesga dafty :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you lot get hollands meat and potaoe pies round your way ...?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you lot get hollands meat and potaoe pies round your way ...?

    Eurgh! Meat 'n' tayta are mingin'! :yuck:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but they have a delica6e white peeper topping to the meat that excuses all dlse....i am stoned seriously at the...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol hmmm! Chicken and mushroom are best... the chicken has a nice umm chicken flavour topping! :crazyeyes
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by xXxXxSarahxXxXx
    lol hmmm! Chicken and mushroom are best... the chicken has a nice umm chicken flavour topping! :crazyeyes
    aye they are ok when you need them. lol. at the right time on the journey they can be gourme ...gorm ...oh fucking posh a nd delicate.,
Sign In or Register to comment.