Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i ever gonna get a lucky break?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As if i thought things couldnt get any worse they finally do!
Ive been looking for a part time job for about 4 months and nothing has came along. Before christmas i had trouble finding one and then three came along all at once-and silly me took the one that was only temp and so i finished after christmas!
Ok, so i can deal with no job, but after christmas i found out i wasnt accepted to any university i applied for. Applied for job after job, heard nothing and then found the perfect solution. I found a 'good 2 b true' course at a nearby college to get me into what i wanna do at uni and just found out that they havent got enough funding to run it!
Am i just totally jinxed or what. Im gonna end up with nothing to do after my exams finish in June and by the look of things i aint gonna find anything.
Everyone seems to have things fall at there feet without even having to look for them-so why is it different for me!
Someone must have had difficutly? please say ya have it would cheer me up cause im down in the dumps now :(

Comments

• Options
    Hun...I have been to Uni, graduated and still not got a decent job! At the mo i'm temping which I really hate and am only doing it cos I can't get anything else! I have been to so many interviews for design jobs with no luck whatsoever. I doubt we're the only one's having difficulty!

Is the some kinda careers service where you live that can help you out?
  • Options
    If you still want to go to uni, try using the ucas extra service (for people with no offers) click here
    and you could also consider clearing.

For jobs have you tried everywhere - cafes, shops, supermarkets, office temping, etc etc? Try local papers, dressing up smart and going into shops etc to ask if they have any jobs going or will soon (take copies of your CV with your contact details to give to places that may be interested). Oh and look at our careers advice about applying and getting jobs
    see here

Finally your school/ college should have a careers advisor available to you, make an appointment to see them or go to your local connexions for more advice.

connexions

Don't give up! Good Luck

Susie :)