Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you Think?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda new in here so let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm from Ireland, Limerick. 22 y/o. Work part time and go to college in the evenings. Bit more to it than that but that summs it up!

Now, for my question. I'm currently singe at the moment. Now I met this guy last year, and we had a bit of a fling. He's really nice and we got on fantastic! Even though I knew him for a very short time I felt as if I knew him forever. But he lived a good bit away from me and I was in a car crash so didn't drive long distances and he can't drive at all! So things died out and we lost touch. But I never forgot him, I always thought of him and what "could have been" so to speak. But anyways, we got talking again in time and we met up a few times nothing romantic or anything. But my feelings for him have come back for him ten fold. But he recently told me he was seeing someone, its not serious but secretly I'm gutted! I can't say I'm jealous or anything cause I'm not. He talkes to me everyday, rings me and he's constantly flirting with me. He's even coming to meet me tomorrow! So guys and ladies, what do you think?? Shall I wait a while and go for it or should I just leave it off??

Thanks!
Yiya

Comments

• Options
    you could follow your head which probably says - leave it/lay off, OR you could follow your heart which sounds like its saying lets take a gamble.
    personally I'd follow my heart and take a gamble - much more exciting, much more potential. What ever you decide you must embrace your decision as the right one - there is no such thing as a wrong decision.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs

personally I'd follow my heart and take a gamble - much more exciting, much more potential.
    Yes but you have to think how you would feel if you were seeing someone and he was behaving like this man is towards you (seeing someone else, albeit platonically but she had other plans).

If you are both interested in one another I would suggest you ask him to make it an exclusive relationship and get rid of the other woman first.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yes but you have to think how you would feel if you were seeing someone and he was behaving like this man is towards you (seeing someone else, albeit platonically but she had other plans).
    yes... I didn't mean it to sound quite like it came across. It can be difficult respecting peoples feelings, emotions etc, but you do need to do something about your relationship with him soon, (whatever you decide) becasue the potential for people to get hurt is going to grow everyday.
  • Options
    just go for it darlin!! tell him that u are jealous and that u really like him other wise he wont ever know and u will carry on thinking "what if" g'luck xoxoxox
  • Options
    Well my gut reaction is that if this guy is seeing someone and yet he's constantly speaking to you, seeing you and flirting with you at the same time... you've got to be careful. He doesn't seem the type to trust with your emotions.

On the other hand, as hobbs said why not tell him how you feel and see how it works out? Life's too short to be nervous about things, tell him and if you really do get on and have something there, I'm sure it'll work out :)
  • Options
    Hi guys!

Thanks a lot for that! Been really busy all week and I've another 3 weeks of it! So won't be able to do anything until things settle.

Now, he's away at the moment at the other side if Ireland to be honest working! I'm certainly not going to run chasing after him, I haven't heard from him in 5 days!! :) Which I know looks bad, but I know him so well, I know he'll get back to me. He doesn't want to comit just yet to anyone and neither do I. I'm not after marriage or anything too serious but I'd like to take things handy.

It looks as if its off with the "gf" now.

The rason why I wouldn't go head long into it is because I'm having a baby soon. I don't want anything as regards realtionship wise soon. This doesn't bother him, I'm not looking for a substitute dad or anything. I just really like this guy! He also has a child and that never bothered me either.

Thanks again!

Hope your all enjoying the weekend!!

Yiya