Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sleepless Nights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are peoples 'techniques' when you have something on your mind and you just can't get to sleep. Im sorta in this situation now and all my mates have gone to bed. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    I sometimes toss and turn whilst thinking about different things.

I normally find the best remedy is to concentrate on a blank black screen whilst my eyes are closed, and I normally fall asleep.
  • Options
    I usually find it really hard to get to sleep when there is something playing on my mind. I just try to forget about it and like Mob said, just imagine a blank screen and try and get some kip.

That prob didnt help much, so sorry :)
  • Options
    Its simple, if I can't get to sleep, I get up and do something. Theres no point forcing yourself to sleep.
  • Options
    I wish I knew how to get to sleep. I've spent far too many nights just lying there, tossing and turning, wishing I could go to sleep. :( Often I end up getting up. Reading a book just means I'll stay awake reading a book instead. The result is the same, I can't sleep, and feel exhausted.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    on restless nights, i give up trying to sleep, the fact that you are getting annoyed with not being able to sleep makes you more and more restless. normally i just switch the tele on and watch some random show (normally about DIY at half 3 in the morning) however, the other night, i did manage to catch Crazy\Beautiful on Sky Movies, which i thought was a brilliant film, then somehow just passed out. :) anyways, sleep is for wimps.... drink more beer, that works :P
  • Options
    masturbation
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    masturbation

Works for me:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Works for me

And me. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    And me. :)

And me lol.

Also found out recently that chocolate horlicks really helps me sleep. If you don't like horlicks (like i don't) try the chocolate one, tastes yummy & is also very good at helping you sleep.:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    masturbation

I'm sure that watching would help me... :naughty:

Personally, I find music helps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Personally, I find music helps.

Not the radio though.

I can never stop listening to it. because I always wonder if the next tune they play is gonna be something I like. Then they play Busted or something and I'm wide awake :eek2:

I usually fall asleep once all the drunken people stop shouting their heads off in the street :mad:
  • Options
    Edited- read the original question wrong :p

I hate it when I'm in that situation, lying in bed but you just can't stop thinking about something.

When this happens I usually get out of bed and go do something till I'm so tired I just fall asleep soon as i hit the bed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    Not the radio though.

Certainly not, and for the very reason you suggested, they play crap music. I usually listen to one of my own CDs.
    I usually fall asleep once all the drunken people stop shouting their heads off in the street :mad:

Ah the joy of living in Scotland - beautiful scenery, magnificent achitecture, drunken Scotsmen.

Deep fried Mars anyone?
  • Options
    Deep fried Mars anyone? [/B]

OOOOOOOOOOOH they are lovely *totally off the point of the thread*

But back to the thread topic:

As some of the others said - music helps - but if you REALLY have something on your mind it still might take a while to get to sleep.
    Try reading a bit every night before you sleep then your body will associate reading with sleep (this being why I get tired at school) - this also works with having a bath.

Good luck :D Hope I was of help, although I doubt it!:p
  • Options
    I always have this problem. I write stuff down, make notes, write letters, or write a story. Usually helps.