Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Music and age

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Why is it that music these days seems to be so divided into age groups and stuff? It interferes with my enjoyment of it because it makes me feel insecure. That's partly why I've been a bit out of it lately, haven't bought many CDs or anything. But it's all getting me down. Why can't music just be music??! :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it is just music, you buy what you like.
    Music is just music. Don't let stereotypes put you off! :)
    Re: Music and age
    Originally posted by will haycock
    Why is it that music these days seems to be so divided into age groups and stuff? It interferes with my enjoyment of it because it makes me feel insecure. That's partly why I've been a bit out of it lately, haven't bought many CDs or anything. But it's all getting me down. Why can't music just be music??! :confused:

Music has in a way always been divided into age groups. So who cares if the music you like is listened to by 10 year olds or 60 year olds? All that matters is that you like the music, who cares who else likes it?
    Don't let such a trivial thing get you down mate. Music is just music and always will be no matter who listens to it.
    it's all good...as long as you're not one of those ageing rockers who still think it's the early 80's and that they're still 20. thats just embarassing... and an insult to their generation.
    I haven't really noticed this much, and i definately don't fit into this catagory, i love so many different kinds of music.
    Re: Re: Music and age
    Originally posted by One of the Nobodies
    Music has in a way always been divided into age groups. So who cares if the music you like is listened to by 10 year olds or 60 year olds? All that matters is that you like the music, who cares who else likes it?
    Don't let such a trivial thing get you down mate. Music is just music and always will be no matter who listens to it.

Well, I'd be worried if I was listening to music listened to by 10 year olds... that'd make me feel really pathetic, like some retard who's never matured :nervous:. But I can kind of see your point. I suppose enjoyment is basically what counts really, but it's just the insecurity sometimes gets in the way of the enjoyment, if you see what I mean?
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    it's all good...as long as you're not one of those ageing rockers who still think it's the early 80's and that they're still 20. thats just embarassing... and an insult to their generation.

Is that so bad? What if they're just having a laugh? If you find it that embarassing, just ignore them!
    Is that so bad? What if they're just having a laugh? If you find it that embarassing, just ignore them!

i agree, they are having fun, why should they change if they don't want to.