Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Make Me Feel Better Girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just bought A gorgeous Morgan dress, black stribg vesty type with string pulls at the side and its see through all the way down and I love it. Id been looking for it everywhere and finally cam accross it so snapped it up. Then 10 mins later im strolling through the market and come accross my dress!!!! FOR HALF THE PRICE :mad: and Morgan doesnt give refunds!!!
So please give me reasons to think I should have bought the Morgan dress even if I knew about the cheaper one............

Comments

• Options
    cos the cheeper one might not last as long cos its not made as well cos its cheep?
  • Options
    Why doesn't Morgan give refunds?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    Why doesn't Morgan give refunds?

they only refund if faulty or exchange within 10 days, i sure there is a law against it but im gona keep it anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not female but that's just a small detail.

Knowing that you bought it for full price will make the dress FEEL better. When everyone goes on about how they picked up a Morgan dress 'down the market' for 1/2 price you can stick your nose up and say

"Well I bought mine full price from Morgan well before it was available to you low-lifes"
  • Options
    BTW. Being Male I have no idea who Morgan is?
  • Options
    Morgan do give refunds, anyway a shop cannot refuse to give you a refund because they don't have the right to and if they can't offer a refund they have to give you a credit note or vouchers! :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    I'm not female but that's just a small detail.

Knowing that you bought it for full price will make the dress FEEL better. When everyone goes on about how they picked up a Morgan dress 'down the market' for 1/2 price you can stick your nose up and say

"Well I bought mine full price from Morgan well before it was available to you low-lifes"

*walks around nose in air head held high*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot
    Morgan do give refunds, anyway a shop cannot refuse to give you a refund because they don't have the right to and if they can't offer a refund they have to give you a credit note or vouchers! :yes:
    You're wrong.

They do not have to give youa refund.
    See this
    It is just good customer service to do so, I would have thought.

It is a common misconception that they have to refund you because you changed your mind!
    "I have just purchased something that I do not want anymore. Does the shop have to give me a refund?"No! You are only entitled to a refund if the goods are defective, not as described or not fit for their purpose. However, the trader may be willing to give you a credit note.
  • Options
    I think the important questions are....

Is it a nice dress?
    Do you look sexy in it?
    Are we going to see piccies? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot

thats what i got told when i bought it :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    thats what i got told when i bought it :confused:
    Well, that is wrong. They don't have to give youa refund, but most shops will if you just say you bought it as a gift for someone but they don't like it or something.

Ooohhh, I've turned into Mobily with all this legal crap! :p
  • Options
    I think the important questions are....

Is it a nice dress?
    Do you look sexy in it?
    Are we going to see piccies? :p

:rolleyes:

Its gorgeous
    I like to think so
    Ill take me camera out with me Sat night

:lol::D
  • Options
    Well, that is wrong. They don't have to give youa refund, but most shops will if you just say you bought it as a gift for someone but they don't like it or something.

you mean that is right my dear! I meant they told me at the shop they wont refund.
    :)
  • Options
    sorry about just asking the girls I was wrong, didnt think u would be interested, so cheers guys n gals :D
  • Options
    Ooohhh, I've turned into Mobily with all this legal crap! :p

yes, stop now for your own sake...
  • Options
    you mean that is right my dear! I meant they told me at the shop they wont refund.
    :)
    Sorry, crossed wires somewhere! :D
  • Options
    Sorry, crossed wires somewhere! :D

you will be :mad:

;)
  • Options
    BTW. Being Male I have no idea who Morgan is?

Bless ;)
  • Options
    cant you unpick a bit at the seams and then take it back as faulty?
  • Options
    Its gorgeous

If it's gorgeous then it was worth the extra money! And course, you can't wear anything *too* cheap, dahling - just wouldn't be right.
  • Options
    Also, for a thread titled 'make me feel better girls' there are a hell of a lot of men posting!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Also, for a thread titled 'make me feel better girls' there are a hell of a lot of men posting!

well dahling, maybe there is something they arent quite telling us? :confused:

:D
  • Options
    put it this way the cheaper one is likely to be a fake copy, but u'll be wearin the REAL thing!
  • Options
    hiya, right the Law states that you can sak for a full refuned or an exchange even if the item is not faulty,if they disagree, you can take the to citizians advice.
    Also the reason you picked that one 1st, was coz they had it in your size, if you'd have left it, you may not have got it!!

later kitten xxxxx
  • Options
    hmmmm there is some confusion over me asking for a refund cos I changed my mind, who knows for deffo? I thought I had so many days to take it back if I dont want it but ive heard different so im neutral now and dont have a clue, although the asisstant wouldnt have told me I couldnt if that was against my rights would she?

fcuk knows :confused:

(btw guysn girls i dont wanna take it back cos it looks damn good on me, the other one is cheap crap and im worth the extra, I feel so much better now, your all stars xx) :D
  • Options
    You're wrong.

They do not have to give youa refund.
    See this
    It is just good customer service to do so, I would have thought.

It is a common misconception that they have to refund you because you changed your mind!

I don`t know WHY I`m bothering to repeat this, but look on Van the Man`s link... there you have it, straight from the horse`s mouth (trading standards), you are NOT entitled to a refund because you change your mind!!!

Why are people still saying otherwise?! :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

Why are people still saying otherwise?! :confused: :rolleyes:
    Because 99.9% of customers are arseholes. Well, at least they are by the time they call through to us in the customer services centre. :mad: I blame programmes like Watchdog for giving people mad ideas that they have rights that don't even exist. :rolleyes:
    The number of times I have people ranting at me, insulting me personally, and being abusive bastards/bitches is unbelievable. The number of arseholes who think they can return an item months after it was bought and don't have a receipt is unbelievable. :mad:
    It's true the customer does have rights, but so does the retailer, the law protects them too.

Sounds like a nice dress vicky, hope the pics come out. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    The number of arseholes who think they can return an item months after it was bought and don't have a receipt is unbelievable. :mad:
    Mr_Wobble ;)
    only if the item is faulty do you not need a receipt.