Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Deletion of the rape thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody who had read it will understand why. It was not at all helpful to people who had been raped to be reading some of the things that had been written.

Thank you all for your input, any advice about how to deal with the situation I am in would be gratefully received, via PM.

Comments

• Options
    Oi it took me ages to write all that out :mad:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Oi it took me ages to write all that out :mad:
    I know, and I found it very interesting. I am sorry but someone else PMd me and asked if I would close it because they had said something they regretted and they couldn't just delete what they wrote because someone had quote posted from it. So, this person's wish has been granted.

Ahh, I can't say no to a pretty face! :D
  • Options
    thats just really annoyed me. i've spent the last half hour reading through that thread and was planning on saying something myself. then you delete it
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    I know, and I found it very interesting. I am sorry but someone else PMd me and asked if I would close it because they had said something they regretted and they couldn't just delete what they wrote because someone had quote posted from it. So, this person's wish has been granted.

Ahh, I can't say no to a pretty face! :D

Its ok, i was just kidding :)

Like has been already said, im more than happy to try and help you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sexy little thing
    thats just really annoyed me. i've spent the last half hour reading through that thread and was planning on saying something myself. then you delete it

Err, you can still PM him.
  • Options
    Gosh - I've missed a lot.

In answer to the was I penetrated question...NO but I have no doubt I would have been had my parents not come to find me, Basicaly there was intent to rape or molest and that was traumatic enough.

Thanks for the concern shown.
  • Options
    I dont thinkthere was any need to delete a thread. I find that most annoying when a valid thread just disappears, and we are just left with the usual shit on here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sexy little thing
    May I draw your attention to:
    Anybody who had read it will understand why. It was not at all helpful to people who had been raped to be reading some of the things that had been written.
    And:
    I am sorry but someone else PMd me and asked if I would close it because they had said something they regretted and they couldn't just delete what they wrote because someone had quote posted from it. So, this person's wish has been granted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I dont thinkthere was any need to delete a thread. I find that most annoying when a valid thread just disappears, and we are just left with the usual shit on here.
    I do not want to fall out with anybody.
    I have explained my two reasons behind it.
    The person who asked me to delete it had admitted something that they didn't really feel comfortable admitting and I felt sorry for them, as you do. They changed their mind about people on here knowing all about them, but someone had quoted from it so they couldn't just delete what they had written because someone had quoted it and it would still be there. Please understand this.

It was a very interesting discussion, and I would like to see more of the same, I apologise again.
  • Options
    Appolige (sp?) accepted :p.:D
  • Options
    It was a very interesting discussion, and I would like to see more of the same, I apologise again.

Make a new thread?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    Make a new thread?
    I love your signature Daisy!
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

i agree, it's refreshing to actually discuss something serious rather than the usual amount of drivel.

:yes: true.

and on here you can admit things that normally you might have a problem with.

or is that just me?
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    :yes: true.

and on here you can admit things that normally you might have a problem with.

or is that just me?

yeah it's quite astonishing how you can admit something like you did to people you don't even know... way to make the people who care feel special there girl. :(
  • Options
  • Options
    do you think that it's something to be ashamed of, that she shouldn't be able to tell people? i'm not having a go, just wondering why you feel like that.

i think he's upset cause he was the only person i'd ever told about what happened to me, and it took me AGES to tell him...

and now he feels like i'm just telling anyone who'll listen.

but it's different when you're not telling people in person and you don't have to see the pity/disgust on their face.
  • Options
  • Options
    do you think that it's something to be ashamed of, that she shouldn't be able to tell people? i'm not having a go, just wondering why you feel like that.

if you don't know the situation, please don't jump in like that. Miss K has explained above why i said what i said...

it's just.... strange to admit it to the world like this and have the people you're closest to know from nothing - the tiniest bits of info.

i'm sorry, i guess i don't understand ( i never seem to )
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    if you don't know the situation, please don't jump in like that. Miss K has explained above why i said what i said...
    Then why don't you have the discussion via PM, on the phone or in person? Sorry but when you write things here you invite other people to comment on them.
  • Options
    Then why don't you have the discussion via PM, on the phone or in person? Sorry but when you write things here you invite other people to comment on them.

point taken.