Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Snail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a completely random thread. I do appologise :)

I was walking home from work and saw a snail going across the path and I was thinking. What would everyone call a pet snail?

Lol. Im so wierd!

Comments

• Options
    I'd call my snail Louise. I'd put her on a lead and take her for a walk every morning and evening, for every snail needs exercise. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Snail
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    This is a completely random thread. I do appologise :)

I was walking home from work and saw a snail going across the path and I was thinking. What would everyone call a pet snail?

Lol. Im so wierd!

I absolutely F*%$£ing hate snails!!! Yuck!!! I nearly cry and scream when I stand on them accidently and they crunch under your shoe.....yuck, im getting all itchy thinking bout it. I really hate them. So to answer your question, i wouldnt have a pet snail, and if i did (god knows why i would though :rolleyes: ) I'd call it something nasty, like prick or something.
  • Options
    winston.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I'd call my snail Louise. I'd put her on a lead and take her for a walk every morning and evening, for every snail needs exercise. :rolleyes:

:lol: Gee thanks! But I said snail, not dog :p
  • Options
    Jónatan

Edit: Btw, I may have attempted to keep a pet snail once. Or perhaps it was a worm?
  • Options
    I woke up yesterday morning and there was a silvery trail in my bedroom going round in circles. This morning there were more, but on the other side of the room. Do you think I have a snail? The thought of it mings me out...and how come I searched high and low but couldn't find it?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Snail
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    I absolutely F*%$£ing hate snails!!! Yuck!!! I nearly cry and scream when I stand on them accidently and they crunch under your shoe.....yuck, im getting all itchy thinking bout it. I really hate them. So to answer your question, i wouldnt have a pet snail, and if i did (god knows why i would though :rolleyes: ) I'd call it something nasty, like prick or something.

Im like that with bugs. I HATE woodlice, cockroaches, earwigs. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! :yuck: Cant stand them, but Im alright with snails, I like poking their eyes :p Lol. When I was a kid I'd keep a load in a shoe box cos there used to be loads behind our fence in the back garden.

I'd call my snail Roy :D
  • Options
    Re: Snail
    Lol. Im so wierd!

:yes:

*leaves the building quietly* :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lovedup
    I woke up yesterday morning and there was a silvery trail in my bedroom going round in circles. This morning there were more, but on the other side of the room. Do you think I have a snail? The thought of it mings me out...and how come I searched high and low but couldn't find it?

yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!!!
    the thought of that is making my skin crawl!!! :(
  • Options
    this thread is actually quite amusing to me. when i was a bit younger me and my friends at school found a snail n decided to keep it. we called it suzy slug. we would go see it every play time and leave it a leaf to eat. then someone stood on it so we buried it. we also had pet squirrels that lived in a tree near our house
  • Options
    Re: Re: Snail
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    :yes:

*leaves the building quietly* :lol::lol:

Glad you agree ;) I love my randomness. I need someone to keep me sane!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Snail
    I need someone to keep me sane!

Pointless looking my way then......they all think im bloody insane :p
  • Options
    :lol: Gee thanks! But I said snail, not dog :p

:lol: Yep, was just jesting.

I read ages ago that some Frenchman took a lobster for a walk every day in Paris. Eccentric, me thinks. :)
  • Options
    valium.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!!!
    the thought of that is making my skin crawl!!! :(

Does it mean my house is dirty?
  • Options
    turbo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    winston.

name clash alert! you already have a winston.

i'd call him Berty.
  • Options
    i'd call him gus, like off mr squiggle.
  • Options
    Slimer-

Like from ghostbusters...When theres something strange in your neighbourhood he he
  • Options
    It would have to be Speedy, i couldnt imagine calling a snail anything else.....
    :rolleyes:
  • Options

put salt down where the trails were and like around doorways and other possible snail-entrances.....if they crawl through it the salt kinda melts them - not nice but keeps them away!
  • Options
    cyril :)
  • Options
    Michelle, of course.
  • Options
    Willie or Gertrude :D
  • Options
    Bastard Junior
  • Options
    harry
  • Options
    Shelley! :D:lol: Weak I know but it's been a long day! :)
  • Options
    Shuggy for a blokey snail
    Senga for a birdy snail :)
  • Options

It`s more likely to be a tiny weeny slug. They can get in all kinds of places. There was one used to come in through my patio door although I couldn`t see a gap, it was obvious that was where it was going in and out.

One time when I still lived at home I went down to the kitchen for a drink in the night and there was a fucking HUGE one in the middle of the kitchen floor! God knows where it came from. I couldn`t bring myself to do anything about it *shudder* and in the morning it was gone. :nervous:
  • Options
    i can't believe that noone has given the obvious name - BRIAN! u gotta call him brian the snail, like off the magic roundabout :D