Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bumpy back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, i banged my back yesterday on a table and at the time it didnt hurt but this mornin i noticed it was hurtin like a bruise, only theres no bruise there.
its on my spine and its like a lump has come out of my spine, im really quite worried, will it go down??
does ne1 know what it might be?

Comments

• Options
    people must get bored of hearing this... go to your GP, well a visit to an osteopath might be better, give it a couple of days, if it still hurts:mad: then get it checked out. Arnica (homeopathic) can work well - take it in 30c 3xday and if you can find some arnica cream then rub that in as well.
    Sometimes bruises take a while to come out, it could just be some swelling - the body often 'pumps' fluid to an injured place to protect it/stop it moving while it fixes itself. Hoep it sorts itself - but keep us posted.
  • Options
    Often there can be pain but no bruise if you sprain a muscle.

You don't want a bruise as that means you've got internal bleeding.

But how big is the lump? If there's a lump on your back and there's no bruise but there's pain, something might have happened to your spine. If it hurts more when you move into a diferent position, say...when you lie down, you may have injured your spine, which is quite serious.