Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A bit of positivity...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    :confused: Jerusalem Post? I suppose its good if you live there, but I don't.
  • Options
    So far Sars hasn't hit Israel 8to my knowledge), and they're still ahead in the research.
    I don't live in Jerusalem, in the far east nor Canada, and surprisingly this still sounds good to me.
  • Options
    Can you copy and paste the article? You need to register to view the article and for some reason my registration gets stuck on pending :/
  • Options
    That's weird. I didn't need to.
    Then again, my dad uses my computer at times...

Apr. 24, 2003
    Israel leads in SARS virus detection
    By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFF

As concern over severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) grows worldwide, Israeli technology is leading the way in the race to develop a method of quickly detecting the presence of viruses that cause such illnesses.

Such rapid and early detection will go a long way towards helping to slow their spread in the future.

Integrated Nano-Technologies, a leading U.S. company, is now using Israeli technology developed at the Haifa Technion as the backbone of a new DNA based testing system called BioDetect that will rapidly and accurately test for the presence of biological pathogens, such as the virus that causes SARS as well as anthrax, and smallpox.

According to a World Health organization (WHO) report, a total of 3169 cases of SARS, with 144 deaths, have been reported to WHO from 21 countries.