Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What was your first pet....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
And how did it die ? :lol:

Comments

• Options
    Sorry mine was a cat called frodo, he picked a fight with a car :(
  • Options
    goldfish - polly and dolly.

they died of old age.
  • Options
    First pet was probably one of the goats we had :lol: :eek2: Didnt die, we sold it.

I have normall pets now, just an ickle doggy :D
  • Options
    I've always had cats, the first cat we had was already about 10 years old when I was born and had leukemia so died when I was only about a year old. Our next cat after that got run over as have most of the others. :(
  • Options
    Hmm... it was either a budgey (Joey) or a special hamster. I can't remember which - but they both died of natural causes.

They filled the gap. :naughty:
  • Options
    I had a cat called Tiska, had to give it away because of my brother's asthma.

:(
  • Options
    a fish called fred and I over fed it! Well every time I put food in he'd come up and eat it so I thought he was always hungry!
  • Options
    I got a green parrot named Gola. And later a fat blue one named Jørgen Torfi. My brothers deliberately tried to find him a stupid name and it kinda stuck.

I took them to the vet to be euthanized.

Btw, are goats as hard to keep & uninteresting as everyone keeps telling me? I'm planning on buying one when mom and dad buy a summerhouse. The goats in Heidi were so cute! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fáfnir VII
    Btw, are goats as hard to keep & uninteresting as everyone keeps telling me? I'm planning on buying one when mom and dad buy a summerhouse. The goats in Heidi were so cute! ;)
    :yes: They are. We had to big ones. A young one that was hillarious and used to do tricks :D and another one that looked like a sheep! They're not uninteresting, not at all, but bloody hard work. The 2 big ones used to go next door and totally eat there whole garden :rolleyes: aswell as eating ours. And the little one we used to take on walks round the block :lol: The other one died shortly after having a disease.
  • Options
    My first pet when I was about 6 was a fish. It died when my brother's fish ate it. I still haven't forgven him :(
  • Options
    mine was a dog called ariel and it drowned in my pond. everyone finds that so amusing.
  • Options
    Re: What was your first pet....
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    :lol: I thought this was going to be a nice thread:p
    Mine was a cat called Tabather(sp?) and it died of old age, not the worst way to go I suppse.
  • Options
    A fish...called....erm.... something. But it died when my mum dropped the bowl and it had to live in an icecream tub. I think it died of shock.
  • Options
    We ahd a couple of unfortunate deaths when I ws little.

Our dog was killed when he ate poison put down by a neighbouring farmer to kill badgers

and one of our cats climbed into the range (Oven) and died!!
  • Options
    it was either a hamster that died of cancer(well some kind of tumor thing) or goldfish that my brother pulled backwards:(
  • Options
    Re: What was your first pet....
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES

Thats nice :p

We had a dog called Pepper. She was lovely. My mum and dad got her before they had me but she died quite a few years ago. :(

Some people don't understand why people could become upset about a pet dying but they sort of become part of your family. It's not the same when they are not there.
  • Options
    Mine was a lovely dog called Ben :) had him all my life and then sadly he died about 2yrz ago from old age :(..bless. Now though we have another dog whos a monster! a HUGE rabbit a cat and fish! lol all in the food chain!

Dog cud eat cat, cat cud eat rabbit (even though he's bigger than her!) or the fish!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my first pet was a llama called percy. he is still living, in my heart that is *patriotic stance*

nah, cant remember i've had loads, it might have been dinky, my donkey, he lived on grandads farm but got 'sent away' when it tried to kill my cousin for wearing a red coat, donkeys hate red coats.
  • Options
    A cat, Rambo. and i still have him :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    :yes: They are. We had to big ones. A young one that was hillarious and used to do tricks :D and another one that looked like a sheep! They're not uninteresting, not at all, but bloody hard work. The 2 big ones used to go next door and totally eat there whole garden :rolleyes: aswell as eating ours. And the little one we used to take on walks round the block :lol: The other one died shortly after having a disease.

:lol: Thanks for that! There's just something about owning a goat that is very appealing.. :yes: But then again, I may just be weird.

I read somewhere that in the US goats are used to fight wildfire. :yeees:
  • Options
    I was gonna answer, but sister already did :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I had a tortoise called George, and didn't realise it had even died til a few years later when I remembered we'd put it in a box to hibernate aaaaages ago! :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options
    My first pet was a Scotish Terrior dog. She was 8 years old, almost 9 years old, when she died and we think that she might of had died from a heart attack.