Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

White House warns Iran.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.cnn.com/

A few weeks ago I read that Iran had sent in 5,000 whatevers to Iraq. And now the White House is claiming they've sent agents into Southern Iraq to block efforts at creating a democracy. So after you warn Iran...then what? Most people there want democracy but from what I read, there's like 100 extremists Muslim Clerics that are keeping it fundamentalist.

But back to the question. You warn them...and then what?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You deport any Iranians in Iraq...by force if necessary
    On the Web yesterday there was a report that "foreigners" as the Iraqis called them, were trying to get the Shi'ite community to scream "America Out" but relatively few did. I don't remember the news service I got that from but it wasn't Fox or a Fox owned paper.
    “The popularity of Weblogs among young Iranians, suggests that great changes has happened in Iranian society during the past two decades, at least among the new generations of middle-class residents of big cities. It shows that they are carrying new values and promoting new lifestyles, which is very rare among older generations, who were trying to hide their personal feelings and opinions from the others. Individuality, self-expression, tolerance are new values which are quite obvious through a quick study of the content of Persian Weblogs.”

I hope the CIA or other special ops troops are undermining the 100 or so Muslim perverts, people who are perverting the religion and running Iran. Young Iranians deserve better. Instead, they're being picked up for being human and tolerant.
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    You deport any Iranians in Iraq...by force if necessary

Unless they have a valid Visa.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    On the Web yesterday there was a report that "foreigners" as the Iraqis called them, were trying to get the Shi'ite community to scream "America Out" but relatively few did. I don't remember the news service I got that from but it wasn't Fox or a Fox owned paper.

Typical. I imagine both sides do this.
    I'm just so happy those people aren't being tortured anymore. I never read this before, but the Shi'ite community also said an airplane dropped kerocine on them and lit people on fire under Saddam's government. I can't believe the world allowed this to go on and I keep coming back to the same question: if they weren't Muslim/Arabs would the world have allowed it to go on.
    The sad truth pnj is that Western governments will not only allow such things to happen but will happily supply the equipment needed so long as the mad dictator in question has a use for them.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    if they weren't Muslim/Arabs would the world have allowed it to go on.

Yes. People are tortured in non Arabic countries, such as in parts of South America. During General Pinochet's rule in Chile, a couple of thousand enemies of the regime were murdered and around one thousand more simply disappeared. Most have still not been found. More still were imprisoned for disagreeing with the government. Iraq was far from unique in having a brutal regime maintaining its grip through fear.
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Unless they have a valid Visa.

Iraq is still classed as a war zone, a visa won't mean shit to a soldier.
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Iraq is still classed as a war zone, a visa won't mean shit to a soldier.

No, according to recent reports, they prefer cash.

Especially if they find it in Baghdad - story was that six (?) US soldiers are to be court-martialled for "hiding" £187,000 each which was part of a huge find totally several million US dollars...
    As well as a Journalist to be tried who attempted to smuggle paintings out.