Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Marilyn Manson

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When is the new album out?????
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's May 12th :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Psycho_Smurf

Thank ya much :)
  • Options
    Is there tickets left for the Brixton gig?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Psycho_Smurf

Note to self: Don't go near HMV on May 12th :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    Note to self: Don't go near HMV on May 12th :p

You need to broaden your music taste - I love Marilyn AND S Club! it is possible...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    I love Marilyn AND S Club! it is possible...

I actually liked his cover of Tainted Love.

Wouldn't buy his album though :p
  • Options

I love manson, but I'm not gonna buy the album. I'm gonna copy someone elses :D I refuse to pay £15 for a bloody cd when I can copy it for free.
  • Options
    I actually liked his cover of Tainted Love.

That is great :rolleyes:

However, I think you will find that Marilyn Manson is a band as well as a person, and "his" cover was actually "their" cover.

I quite like their stuff and I have seen them live at a festival and they were mighty entertaining.

As for copying music - I do so to see what a band are like, but I have enough respect for them to pay for their creations. Also, where sells CDs for £15? Try smaller outlets or buy online, you can get them for as little as £8.99.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    That is great :rolleyes:

However, I think you will find that Marilyn Manson is a band as well as a person, and "his" cover was actually "their" cover.

I quite like their stuff and I have seen them live at a festival and they were mighty entertaining.

As for copying music - I do so to see what a band are like, but I have enough respect for them to pay for their creations. Also, where sells CDs for £15? Try smaller outlets or buy online, you can get them for as little as £8.99.

I'm too skint to buy CDs they're horrendously overpriced
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    I'm too skint to buy CDs they're horrendously overpriced

Not really, if you get them for as little as possible. I get most of mine for £8.99, sometimes less if I buy direct from the artist at their gigs.

Think of the effort that they have put into that piece of work. It may not mean much to you but it takes hours and hours and hours to record a CD, not to mention the writing and mixinf processes.
  • Options
    but i go to their gigs which are minimumk £20 each, adn i buy thes tshirg which lime £15 each. I dnt have noney to burm.
  • Options
    but i go to their gigs which are minimumk £20 each, adn i buy thes tshirg which lime £15 each. I dnt have noney to burm.
    I am sure they would rather you bought their music to be honest. And most decent bands only charge a tenner for gigs, who are you seeing who charges £20? :eek2:
  • Options
    first off, cheap cds www.play.com from £6 upwards... cheaper than shops.

secondly Manson is a great performer, there's a hidden bit on my NIN dvd where he pops up on stage and performs 'Starfuckers' with them... struts around stage like he owns the place, they then go on to play 'Beautiful people' he's great to watch... don't quite see why he felt the need to get half naked though... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    I am sure they would rather you bought their music to be honest. And most decent bands only charge a tenner for gigs, who are you seeing who charges £20? :eek2:

Well every band I've ever seen, or looked into seeing has cost me £22.50 at London Arena plus booking free. Except Cradle of Filth when I saw them at a nightclub in Oxford which was £10, but I had to lie a bit to get in, but when I looked into seeing them again at Brixton it was something like £20 again. :rolleyes: Most of the bands I go to see are either at London Arena, or somewhere else which is quite large (and expensive) There is also the Mean Fiddler which a lot of the bands I'd like to see live play at, but you have to be 18 to get in there. I barely look 12, let alone my actual age (15).

Big_man_with_a .. thanks for the link, I'll take a look at that.

Has anyone else thought about buying CDs off ebay?
  • Options
    Has anyone else thought about buying CDs off ebay?

Yeh, I've bought loads of CDs off ebay! they're almost always unplayed and in mint condition so they're worth the few quid they cost, especially as i don't have a CD writer and all that stuff
  • Options
    Copied image from Alice Cooper.

Scary,Skinny, long black hair, dressed always in black, black eyeliner, etc.

Bloody rip off.

Even knicked a womans name for the band title!!!

(Alice Cooper were a fab band - I havent heard any of the Marilyn Manson music - but the image is a total rip off).
  • Options
    he scares me!
  • Options
    sorry slightly off point but van the man who is that in your av? and manson hmm he's talented but slightly too freaky for my liking!
    xxx
  • Options
    Marilyn Manson?

*laughs*
  • Options
    Not my type of music, but an intelligent bloke...or is portrayed that way, anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Not my type of music, but an intelligent bloke...or is portrayed that way, anyway.

He is very intelligent. He's also very articulate.
  • Options
    marilyn manson is my GOD!!!! as ive said before im a hiphop-drum&bass and old skol club girl so i dont fit in as a typical fan but i absolutely love the albums..... i :heart: manson!!! amazing lyrics, amazing music....