Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

On the shelf-will I get left?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I split from a bad relationship 2 yrs ago and at the time I made a conscious decision not to fall for anyone for a while and to enjoy being single. I have had a couple of one night stands etc since but never wanted anything more but now im getting to the stage where I think im ready to start again. I dont want anything full on str8 away but its getting kinda lonely being single now and all my friends are pairing of. Thing is, ive lost all my cofidence in pulling and I dont know where to start. For ages ive been giving of signs that I am so not interested!!! How do I let people know im available again? :confused:

My own thoughts on this are do nothing and just let things happen naturally but what if I never meet anyone? I feel stooopid for asking this but its easier doing it this way than face to face with someone ;)
xx

Comments

• Options
    Stop worrying for a start. It'll happen. You seem like a nice person (We've seen the pics for a start! ;) ) but if you give out desperate signals then it won't happen.

Best way to meet folk is through mutual friends I feel. Any of your mates got any scrummy single male-friends (or female if your that way inclined).

Or maybe start a new hobby that'll bring you in touch with similar minded peeps. Altough somehow I don't see you as someone who'll join a knitting bee. :D
  • Options
    *sigh*

You never find a proper relationship when your looking for one.
    You might want to start flirting again (if you stopped) and just get your face about. I dont think clubs are the best place to start a proper relationship, and I agree with Ninj, meeting through friends is sometimes the best way.

Good luck
  • Options
    ive decided to take up trainspotting, I quite fancy blokes in cardis lol
    I think your right ninj, im not gona look and im just gona tell my mates im ready again and let them do all the work for me:D

When I posted this thread, id just walked to walk and there seemed to be loads of couples and I suddenly realised how long id been single!
  • Options
    That's what mates are for! Let them do all the running for you. It'll be all the "my mate fancies you" stuff again. :D

Good luck. Not that you'll need it. Your a fine looking lass ;) :flirt:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    That's what mates are for! Let them do all the running for you. It'll be all the "my mate fancies you" stuff again. :D

Good luck. Not that you'll need it. Your a fine looking lass ;) :flirt:

hey thanx :flirt: u just boosted my confidence bucket loads xx

gosh, "my mates fancies you" stuff can be really cringeworthy!
  • Options
    Confidence is one of the most important pulling tools. That and good looks. And now you have both :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Confidence is one of the most important pulling tools. That and good looks. And now you have both :thumb:

yep theres no stopping me now-im on the move *boogies the rest of the day away*
  • Options
    /Watches Vicky shaking her thang :D
  • Options
    God!You are a bit of a looker arnt you vicky.It seems that all vickys must be abit tasty.
  • Options
  • Options
    if you were 35 and desperate to have kids "FUCKING HELL TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!" then i could see a problem... as it stands, you're young. you have plenty of time to get with someone special.

you probably don't care about my particular story but my last girlfriend was when i was 14... and she wasn't even a 'girlfriend' just a girl i liked and we used to sit about and talk loads.

now i grew up, seeing friends and everyone else getting together with people, all the time wondering when i'd get my chance... let me tell you, it was fucking lonely, so you know when i finally got my chance? last year... i was 20. my first proper girlfriend. and wouldn't you know it, she's perfect.

you have time, don't sweat the small stuff. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    if you were 35 and desperate to have kids "FUCKING HELL TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!" then i could see a problem... as it stands, you're young. you have plenty of time to get with someone special.

you probably don't care about my particular story but my last girlfriend was when i was 14... and she wasn't even a 'girlfriend' just a girl i liked and we used to sit about and talk loads.

now i grew up, seeing friends and everyone else getting together with people, all the time wondering when i'd get my chance... let me tell you, it was fucking lonely, so you know when i finally got my chance? last year... i was 20. my first proper girlfriend. and wouldn't you know it, she's perfect.

you have time, don't sweat the small stuff. ;)

Course I wanted to read ya story and thankyou for sharing with me :)
    guess im just worried cos I made myself totally unavailable and ive just partied hard for 2 years, I feel loads better after all these comment though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    God!You are a bit of a looker arnt you vicky.It seems that all vickys must be abit tasty.

now my head is seriously going to burst *walks of swaying holding big head*

:lol:
  • Options
    Re: On the shelf-will I get left?
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    My own thoughts on this are do nothing and just let things happen naturally but what if I never meet anyone?

God I've only been single a few days and I'm thinking like this already! hehe Don't think I could last 2 years being single :(

I suppose just go out with your mates and have a good time, flirt a bit, chat up a few blokes and see what happens. That's my plan for now anyway! ;)
  • Options
    Faith - I've been single for about 4 weeks now and Iam thinking it. Just need that special someone sometimes to share things with and huggle.