Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Calmness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How patient are you? Do you tend to snap easily? Or do you remain calm and collected?

As I've got older I've become more patient. Everybody has to snap eventually but it didn't usually take much for me to get to that point.

At the moment my boss is really pissing me off, I'm trying just to smile and stay calm, but it's hard. :rolleyes:

So how do you all remain calm and keep your patientce? (sp?)

Comments

• Options
    You snap sooo easily, you go off the rails like that *snaps fingers*. Me, on the other hand, i am quite patient, but i snap quite easily when it comes to my family.
  • Options
    Re: Calmness
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo

At the moment my boss is really pissing me off, I'm trying just to smile and stay calm, but it's hard. :rolleyes:

Whats 'Betty' doing?
  • Options
    i'm as calm as a partially disabled goldfish.
  • Options
    So not very calm at all then eh? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    You snap sooo easily, you go off the rails like that *snaps fingers*. Me, on the other hand, i am quite patient, but i snap quite easily when it comes to my family.

I think your generally more patient with people outside of your family. But I think that goes for everything. I know I've taken things on the chin from other people that I wouldn't take from family or friends.
  • Options
    Yeh, i know that about you too :p
    I think your right though about being more patient with people outside of your family :yes:
  • Options
    I like to be calm and collected, but if I am in a bad mood I might easily and quickly snap.
  • Options
    Im not calm and im not Patient.
    Im just shit.
    Im trying to right a fucking review on Oscar Wilde's 'An Ideal Husband' at the Haymarket for my assignment, and i've got 549 words so far. Thats IT!!!! And now im on here. Whats new?
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    Im not calm and im not Patient.
    Im just shit.
    Im trying to right a fucking review on Oscar Wilde's 'An Ideal Husband' at the Haymarket for my assignment, and i've got 549 words so far. Thats IT!!!! And now im on here. Whats new?

how many words does it have to be?
  • Options
    I'm usually quite calm and patient. However, if someone is patronising towards me or lies to me I can very quickly get angry and pissed off.

If I don't feel very well or am in a bad mood already I tend to just be angry and pissed off in general and I will show it.
  • Options
    doesnt have a limit, about 2000, 2500 im aiming for.

But the bloody thing was soooo tedious, i mean its oscar wilde for gods sake, 2 and a half hours of him! In how many different ways can you say it was shit?!
  • Options
    When I wake in the morning im the rattiest person ever and I have about 5 arguments with my mum, after an hour and 2 cups of tea later im much better. When im drunk I have no patience either and I loose it quickly, otherwise im one of the calmest people I know!

I sound like a scizo!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

I sound like a scizo!!

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    :yes:

thanx for confimation. I thought I was going mad ;)
  • Options
    It depends. Sometimes I'm really calm (I've even had people say they wish they were like me, so uncaring about what people say and do) but I can suddenly snap, then I get really angry and stuff and then people run away and hide.
  • Options
    I suppose it does have a lot do to with what kind of mood you are in and whats on your mind at the time.

For some things I have all the patience in the world. For others, well they just piss me off and I let people know it. Do you think thats a bad quality? I would never (as far as I know) hurt people but you have to express you feeling right?