Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

St. Georges Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Speaking of "days", it's my birthday in about two weeks :D

I'm sure Clandestine will hail my parents for the miracle which they created ;)

HE HE - I like your picture by the way - who is it? Reminds me of me in 1989 - and I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    HE HE - I like your picture by the way - who is it? Reminds me of me in 1989 - and I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you :D

It's Ville Valo from HIM. He's gonna be my 3rd husband, ha ha.
  • Options
    A lot of people, including polititians and other pressure groups have been campaigning to make St. George's Day a public holiday. Guess who have been (very successfully) campaigning against any extra public holidays... CEOs and businessmen everywhere, crying out about how many million billion zillion Pounds are lost on a bank holiday.
  • Options
    Actually, St george was from Palestine and was brutally tortured or something... Definately from Palestine though.
  • Options
    He's also the patron saint of Catalonia. But in there they get a public holiday.
  • Options
    He was born in what is now Turkey.

I celebrate dit today, no excuse for any of you not to either, they even left the england flags up in Oldham today, not surprised after that political own goal by the lib dems 2 years ago, thats what got the BNP there huge vote.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I think if 'they' were going to make St Georges day into a public holiday for the whole of Britain then they would also have to make St Davids day a public holiday. I don't know if St Andrews day is or not.

Why not a BH for England on 23rd April, on for Wales on St Davids, Ireland on St Pats but nothing for the Jocks, they already get an extra day for the New Year
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    but nothing for the Jocks, they already get an extra day for the New Year
    And boy, how would I like to have a holiday on January 2nd like they do!