Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Round the world air tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm having a gap year after my A level exams coming up and want to go travelling for part of it..haven't decided where yet but Australia and Japan are pretty definite so far. I've heard about these round the world air tickets which cost about £850 and take you anywhere in the world, when you want..to an extent. Just wondering if anyone knows any more about them or where I can find them. I have looked for information on the net but don't seem to be getting very far...

Thanks in advance x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ask people like STA Travel, Austravel and Travelbag. I dont have websiates,s orry, but theyre easy to find.
  • Options
    try http://www.statravel.com
    they do those tickets you are talking about.
    or if you know exactly where you want to go...try opodo.co.uk and travelocity.co.uk for cheap multistop flights...altho the ones from STA travel are better cos i think they are quite flexible about changing dates and stuff. good luck!
  • Options
    MykeMyke Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    I got one of those last year through Travelbag with Qantas/BA for the bargain price of £670.

Round-The-World tickets are very flexible and allow you to change dates and even locations. I had planned to go to South America after Australia, but had to change at the last minute to fly to Japan. It was very easy to change, but I did get charged about £25 for re-issuing.

You usually get about 6 stops (I only used 5) and a mileage limit, but it's more than enough to get you around in using lots of different combinations.

Remember, you can always fly into one country and out of another travelling between them overland. Doing that is a great way of getting more out of your ticket.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    You should also check out TNT magazine they have lots of ads in the back.

I think the main thing is that you travel around the world in the same direction..
  • Options
    I am thinking after uni I may just see the world but I have seen a fair deal already but there is definitely more to see
  • Options
    Next year i'm doing the same - round the world ticket - but instead of km limit, it's 5 continents and 15 stops where ever. I can't wait.