Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cost Of Getting Wisdom Tooth Removed?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten their wisdom teeth and had to have any one of them removed?

If so, could anyone tell me how much it costs to get a wisdom tooth removed?

Thanks, in advance, for all the help and advice from anyone who responds to my post:)

Comments

• Options
    Mine were all done for free on the NHS. Having it done privately under local anaesthetic wouldn't cost too much. If you needed a hospital operation, it would probably NHS as well.

If you're not in the UK, I'm not sure how much you'd get charged.
  • Options
    No I do not live in the UK. I live in the US and I am going to a private practice so it will probably be quite a bit expensive. Oh well, I guess if it is, it is because the tooth really does need to be removed.

Thanks for your help on the matter Karla.
  • Options
    To get wisdom teeth removed under a private practice, it costs about £1400.
  • Options
    I know someone who had a wisdom tooth removed at a dental surgery back in 1999 for £80.

I didn't know that you could do it for free on the NHS, let alone dentistry being existant in the NHS.

I mean "dental surgery" as in the place where you check in every year, and it costs around £5 for a check up assuming that nothing is needed to be carried out on your teeth.
  • Options
    I had my wisdom tooth pulled today and it only cost me like $75 US dollars to get it done.

Actually, pulling the tooth only cost $65 US dollars. The other $10 US dollars was for the x-ray done on the tooth. So it wasn't as much as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    To get wisdom teeth removed under a private practice, it costs about £1400.

Oh My God! :crazyeyes :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    I had my wisdom tooth pulled today and it only cost me like $75 US dollars to get it done.

Actually, pulling the tooth only cost $65 US dollars. The other $10 US dollars was for the x-ray done on the tooth. So it wasn't as much as I thought it would be.

wow, that is not fucking bad. you've got good dental insurance then?
  • Options
    No I did not have good fucking dental insurance. I don't have any dental insurance at all and that's all it cost. I really thought that it might be a lot more, but it wasn't. So that was good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Monserrat
    I know someone who had a wisdom tooth removed at a dental surgery back in 1999 for £80.

I didn't know that you could do it for free on the NHS, let alone dentistry being existant in the NHS.

I mean "dental surgery" as in the place where you check in every year, and it costs around £5 for a check up assuming that nothing is needed to be carried out on your teeth.

I'm at an NHS dental surgery and it doesn't cost anything for me because I'm under 19 and in full time education...however I think there is a small charge for those who aren't. But I know people who had all their orthodontic treatment done completely free on the NHS at the local hospital...