Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

a message to all shop customers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A message to all shop customers:

1) please do not 'drop' your basket on my conveyorbelt. I dont appreciate having to unload all your shite for you.

2) if you want cashback, dont tell me "no" after i've asked you, and then change your mind, and then blame me after i've already swiped the card.

3) dont just tell me you want cashback, you need to tell me how much cashback you want.

4) dont just tell me you want fags, im not a mind reader, you need to tell me what fags you want

5) dont attempt to buy 30p worth of chewing gum with a £20 note, its not big and its not cool

6) dont waltz in the shop at 8.57pm, knowing full well that we close at 9, grab yourself a trolley and expect us to wait for you.

7) Do NOT, i repeat do NOT expect me to serve you whilst you're on your mibile phone, its not big and its not clever, its rude and annoying.

8) dont think that just because you want alcohol thats behind the counter, you will get served first if you stand out of line, directly in front of the alcohol. It doesnt work that way.

9) control your god damn kids.

10) if i have a que and am obviously struggling, take it upon yourself to pack your own bags, rather than hold tyhe whole que up, looking around and waiting for me to do it.

11) dont look at me as if im a shop assistant with nothing else in my life, its not true and i dont appreciate it.

12) dont huff and puff when you pick up the wrong fabric conditioner, and its not the one you thought was on offer - its not my fault you dont read the offer label.

13) and DONT tell me that your butter is on 'buy one get one free', you think i have to memorise every singel offer??? it goes through automatically you knob.

ok, rant over.

Comments

• Options
    have a hug
  • Options
    *receives hug* *hugs hellsbells back* thanx honey, i needed that
  • Options
    Don't you love good customer service? :lol:

*Hug*
  • Options
    Additionally, if you're a C- list celebrity (mentioning no names ANDY "NOB-FACE" PETERS) do not shout and make a scene when you are refused special treatment, and especially don't end your egotistical rant with "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??"

This happened to a friend of mine

:eek2: :D
  • Options
    :lol: sounds like you hud fun at work *hugglez*
  • Options
    LOL That reminds me, I will never, ever, ever, work in a shop. Ever. I work in a customer services, and that's the closest I would like to come to bloody customers! :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing

13) and DONT tell me that your butter is on 'buy one get one free', you think i have to memorise every singel offer??? it goes through automatically you knob.

:lol: Well said:)
  • Options
    i do apologise, but some people just prove that the public are rather stupid.

AND - where there's a conveybelt there, why do people feel the need to put their shopping on the other side of the till? is it rewally not [i[obvious[/i]???
  • Options
    stop apologising just FUCKING RANT GIRL!!! :D

edited because I can't spell
  • Options
    Awww customers are damn annoying at times. Completely know how you feel.

Honestly there are times when I feel like pasting my GCSE and AS results and my uni acceptance letter up by my till because people assume you're automatically stupid and will amount to nothing. No, in the real world people have to earn money to get by. And I don't know where everything in the shop is or how to do everything because I honestly don't give a shit - I'm part-time.

You know one thing I hate? When people put their credit card or money on the counter and when you say the total they just point to the card or money. :mad: It's so rude and makes you feel so inferior.

The notes thing is so annoying too. People just have wads of £20 notes & I just think "Carry some small change - it doesn't make you look poor!".

But then again you do get some lovely and friendly customers - some people are just cheerful and have a laugh with you. Ahh that keeps me sane.
  • Options
    Urgh I so know what you mean.

I was actually nearly crying today because a customer was so nasty to me, and one customer made me so mad I felt like punching him and I'm not a violent person!

I work in a restaurant in a 'posh' department store and all the customers are so snobby, they speak to you like you are a piece of shit and it makes me soooo mad! This one customer was complaning about the thickness of the turkey slices cos he was having a Roast Turkey dinner...I mean get a life! He was about 30 stone anyway and he was complaining that his were thinner than his wifes, and he was really nasty to me. Hmmph!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown

Honestly there are times when I feel like pasting my GCSE and AS results and my uni acceptance letter up by my till because people assume you're automatically stupid and will amount to nothing. No, in the real world people have to earn money to get by. And I don't know where everything in the shop is or how to do everything because I honestly don't give a shit - I'm part-time.

I so know what you mean there! They treat you like crap and think you're thick but sometimes I feel like telling them I'm only working there to save money up for Uni, and I know I'm cleverer than most people who come into that shop!

Plus some people are really snobby if you're not 'week staff' - I usually only work weekends but do some extra hours in the holidays, and today people were like...reluctant for me to make them food or whatever cos I don't usually do it, they think I don't know even though I've been a student there longer than most of the week staff have been there :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    i do apologise, but some people just prove that the public are rather stupid.
    Aren't you a member of the public too?

And it is only a small minority of people who are like this, I am sure some people have had cause to rant about your behaviour as a customer in the past and you probably haven't even realised how annoying you have been....

but, I hope you have a much better day tomorrow. Thank goodness I don't have to work with the public, so I really don't envy you!
  • Options
    oh yeh - and when you hold the notes up to the light to check they're real... fuck me...

if one more tosser makes a joke to me about them 'making it this morning' im going to crack - its OLD
  • Options
    14. when i say hello to you as you walk into my store, is it that hard to say hi back? or even just smile my way?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    Aren't you a member of the public too?

yep, damn right i am, and because i know what its like a make a point to myself to be a hell of a good customer. And no, in my shop - they're all like that! par one or two, but they only ever come in on a saturday
  • Options
    *applause for badabing*

Oh my God, how right can you be... :D

I did bra-fitting training today... I can just imagine the next person who comes in and says "Can I be measured?" - When I reply "Yes, I'll do it!" They'll look at me as if to say "You, you're just a kid!!"

I'm 17, actually :p
  • Options
    lol how funny is that?!
  • Options
    hmm.......
    i agree with what you say although sometimes we can be a bit dappy sometimes and accidently do the stuff that annoys you.
    oh and never EVER work in a toy department/shop during xmas.......now THATS not clever
  • Options
    I work for somerfields and EVERYTHING you said is SO SO TRUE!

i come home feeling so depressed as they are so rude!

I thought it was just me obviously not!

If you are one of those people who act like that have a little respect and grow up you dickheads! :mad:
  • Options
    Rar, I hate customers sometimes, they can really treat you like dirt. I work in a cafe and I find it soooooooooo annoying when I make one tiny mistake and they ask me if its my first day working there. 'I BEEN HERE 2 MONTHS GOD DAMMIT!!!!' :mad:

:rolleyes:

I feel so much better now :D
  • Options
    ohhh it so good to hear other people that feel the same way as me! working in retail really sucks doesn't it?
    i work for LITTLEWOODS! yes you heard right, the manky little old ladies clothes store and i hate it! (decent money but horrible customers)
    the grannies take forever to count out money, they can't hear a word you say most of the time and the moan when you don't have a cardigan in their size i.e. short and fat.!!!!!!
    i love it when they hobble in, chuck their bag full of returned stuff on the counter and just look at me. they don't even tell me they want a refund! they just stare at me. so i say nothing back, or sometimes (if i'm feeling brave) i say "and what do you want me to do with this?" they hate sarcasm...
    sorry i just babbled..... anyway,i hate work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984
    "and what do you want me to do with this?" they hate sarcasm...
    sorry i just babbled..... anyway,i hate work.

:D
  • Options
    i agree with everything in this thread! the money thing. giving €50 to pay for 42 cent chewing gum. "i just printed it myself". everything!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

i can't talk about it right now......:banghead:
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots

Rar, I hate customers sometimes, they can really treat you like dirt. I work in a cafe and I find it soooooooooo annoying when I make one tiny mistake and they ask me if its my first day working there. 'I BEEN HERE 2 MONTHS GOD DAMMIT!!!!' :mad:

Someone said that to me today but i've been working three weeks as a nurse. Pah, i felt so useless, it really upset me! The cheek of it all!
  • Options
    do you know what??? fuck the customer service... fake smiles and all that shit... i think we should go on strike!!

"WE'RE NOT COMING BACK UNTIL THE CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN NOT BEING STUPID"
  • Options
    i once read an article written by some hack who had the cheek to moan about shop people. not saying hello and not being extra cheery while serving him.

oooooooooooohhhhh, it made me boil....

like we have to paste some plastic smile on our faces just so you can have a pleasent shopping experience! well fuck off! if i've broken up with my boyfriend, i do not want to be told to "cheer up" by some drunken old man!! :mad:

sorry.....
  • Options
    Or what about them fuckin people that say "cheer up it might never happen" I could kill people that say that.:mad:
  • Options
    especially when they're pissed and flinging change at you for smokes.

fuck off!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    I work for somerfields

did u just get a pay rise?! (i work for them to!)