Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Need help with a music issue....pls read!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
yo! ok, i dont post on here usually unless i want to know something, but i hope you guys will still help in any way u possibly can! basically, at my school/college they run an annual house music competition (also do sports etc), and this year (being a sixth former who plays a musical instrument) im in charge of my house! (members of the year are split equally throughout 8 houses incase you dont have a similar system at your school/college, its so you get a chance to mingle with members of older/younger years is the idea)

anyway, there is a solo section, group ensemble, and a choir/group vocal section to this damn competition.
the one i cant seem to sort out and am getting a bit desperate is the group vocal. most years houses get up and sing crappy things which are predictable.
i must sound really sad i know, but its so hard to get people to participate, and even if we lose id rather the group vocal thing sung something fun to get everyone involved. haha, last year we did the lion king awimbaway version, was stupid, but fun, and worked as a choir (differnt parts etc, the song cud be split up and so worked), and we won!

can anyone think of any ideas for this year. something cool and enjoyable that would work well for a choir ranging from 10 to 30 people? theyve had things like greece - somer lovin, pink floyd - brick in the wall, abba etc before. i cant think of anything original and fun that would actually work for a choir ( i hate that word, sounds really silly)!

anyway, ANY thoughts would be very much appreciated!
cheers in advance! i woulda posted this in a music board but there isnt one, hope entertainment :s was the right one!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could always have a song like "California Dreamin'". I forget who it's by, but you have half of the group singing one bit, and the other group singing an echo?

It's silly but Grease type songs are usually the best songs for this sort of thing. Either that or any sort of duet... something like 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'?

Hope that sort of helped :)