Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bring you child to work day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apparently, its bring your child to work day tomorrow - at least thats what my dad told me!

I dont wanna go really, but i know my dad would really like it if i did, and he's told all his friends about me :nervous: So anyway, looks like im going!

But, my good ol' dad has just come in today and said he's got a meeting tomorrow...and guess what...yep...Im going too :eek2:

Why meeeee!? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    lol great fun for you:p could you imagine you had to take your parents to school!everyone would devorse there parents:p
  • Options
    What does your dad do?
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be good if someone's mum as a prostitute? :naughty:

On second thoughts, it'd be sick seeing your mum shagging someone! :eek2:
  • Options
    Well, at least ive got that to be gratefull for then - parents at school!? :nervous: I just know my dads gonna embarrass me tomorrow, and ask my opinion of something in the meeting :eek2:

My dad works for Fords :D
  • Options
    I'm at work with my dad every bloody day. He usually works at home, cause he owns his own buisness. Is bloody annyoing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Wouldn't it be good if someone's mum as a prostitute? :naughty:
    :eek2: I worry about you sometimes, James :p
  • Options
    I've not got a kid.

And I don't think I can get one by Friday...then my tempy job ends.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy

Don't we all.....:rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    I used to go to that with my Dad! It was great fun :D Loads of other people's kids go AND you get a day off school dont ya?!
  • Options

I didn't realise you cared. :flirt:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I used to go to that with my Dad! It was great fun :D Loads of other people's kids go AND you get a day off school dont ya?!
    But all im doing is sitting in an office and going to a meeting! :rolleyes: I would get a day off school, but im already off for easter hols!
  • Options
    But all im doing is sitting in an office and going to a meeting! :rolleyes: I would get a day off school, but im already off for easter hols!

So you are giving up your spare time... :lol: Honourable. ;)
  • Options
    I didn't realise you cared. :flirt:
    Ah well, you know me ;):D
  • Options
    So you are giving up your spare time... :lol: Honourable. ;)
    Honourable...more like annoying! lol. Nah my dad wants me to go so i will. Plus his friends want to meet me :nervous: :eek2:
  • Options
    It won't be so bad, and if your dad starts to embaress you, just kick him in the nads and run :)
  • Options
    Honourable...more like annoying! lol. Nah my dad wants me to go so i will. Plus his friends want to meet me :nervous: :eek2:

It will be honourable if you do it because it shows that you care about your dad and his career.

He probably just wants to show off his wonderful daughter (wouldn't any parent?) to all his friends and colleagues.

Just go along with it and tell your dad how nice it will be to see where he works, to meet his friends and to see what he does. He will be truly chuffed that you care so much about him. :)

It's only for one day, so it isn't that bad.
  • Options
    It will be honourable if you do it because it shows that you care about your dad and his career.

He probably just wants to show off his wonderful daughter (wouldn't any parent?) to all his friends and colleagues.

Just go along with it and tell your dad how nice it will be to see where he works, to meet his friends and to see what he does. He will be truly chuffed that you care so much about him. :)

It's only for one day, so it isn't that bad.
    Haha...sorry that made me laugh, not sure why really :lol:

Actually, if he embarrasses me, ive got plenty of things to embarrass him about! Aswell as kicking him in the nads, Shiny ;)

I'm definately going, should be ok i spose, just have to occupy meself!
  • Options
    My dad retired years ago after a nervous breakdown and my mum's a dinnerlady. Also at 16 I'm way too old for that.
  • Options
    I would get a day off school, but im already off for easter hols!

Oh yeah good point, forgot you lot were still skiving :p
  • Options
    My dad got me some work at the bank he works at and so I went there. The thing is you go and you realise just how proud your dad is of you - everyone I spoke to knew about my exam results and how proud my dad was of me when I didn't know that myself as he'd usually come out with little more than just a "well done". So it was quite touching really and made me realise how proud he actually is of me which many dads find hard to say to their kids. Also I was doing a few things in town yesterday and I popped into Sainsbury's to see my mum as she works there and would have been a bit peeved if I didn't pop my head in and say hi. She tried to find some people to show me off to but they were all on their break!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    I'm at work with my dad every bloody day. He usually works at home, cause he owns his own buisness. Is bloody annyoing.

I work with my mum, she works on a different department, therefore, rarely bothers me.