Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Where can i find Birthmark/scar foundations?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive got scars from previous operations on my knees and also birthmarks all over my legs.

I hate them so much, that i can't even think about wearing a mini skirt or shorts in the summer because i just hate it when people stare at me and point at my legs - and im not the type of person who doesn't care what everyone thinks (wish i was though!).

So does anyone know of a website that sell foundations which have been specially designed to cover up birthmarks? Ive been to local chemists and they don't know of any, and i don't want to hassle my doctor over something so petty!

PLEASE let me know if you do, id be SO greatful if you did.

Thanks

xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Useful link:
    http://www.scarinfo.org/useful.html
    Scroll down page to Red Cross etc.

There's a well known range of products called Dermablend.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If theyre from operations, they may be a form of scarring known as chaeloids (not sure if thats spelt properly).

Dark skined females are most at risk, and the risk of chaeloid scarring increases if the area is the chest or the shoulders.

You should go to your GP and tell him/her how you feel, and they'll refer you to your loca hospital's plastic surgery department.

Good luck with everything.