Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Millionaire 'cheating major' programme

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone watch it? That was one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. How they could think they could get away with it? Especially after Whittock had coughed 'NO!' to the major's proposed answer.

That woman seems the Wife From Hell as well.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was soooooooo obvious! I didn't watch it all, I just watched enough to know that there was no way he "just had a cough" because he didn't cough at any other time that when the right answer was said!! :rolleyes: :)
  • Options
    I want to know if that was the only coughing that he did during the night.
    I wasnt convinced that it was a 'major fraud' either they are just really unlucky and inocent or really really stupid.
    That whole think with the pagers sounds like rubbish to me, and they have no evidence for it what so ever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    That whole think with the pagers sounds like rubbish to me, and they have no evidence for it what so ever.
    Apparently (im sure i read it in the express, so maybe it was just tabloid rubbish... but still) the brother person had paged "2222" to random numbers a couple of times. they thought it might be test runs etc.

But who knows.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I'll tell you what made me laugh the most though-it wasn't actually anything to do with the programme itself. The first advertisement break that came along, the first advert was for cough medicine, Benylin Chesty Coughs I think! I'm not sure if that was intentional or if anyone else noticed it, but I found that bloody funny :D:D
  • Options
    It's so blatant they cheated and they still deny it all. I saw them on This morning today and everything they said to defend themselves was quashed. I reckon if he'd not gone the whole way to a million they could have got away with it. Who needs a million anyway? Apparently they were in debt - but most people can deal with their debt without cheating on a gameshow. And now they're using their "innocent pleas" as a way to get money by doing interviews. The thing that annoys me is how they still flat out deny it and assume they know more than the sound producers etc. that have evidence against them.

To be honest their greed aggrevates me and then the dishonesty even more. They broke the law, they will have to suffer the consequences.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    It's so blatant they cheated and they still deny it all.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    'Who needs a million anyway?' Me! Thats who.
  • Options
    it was soooooooo obvious, especially when afew days later they rang him and said sorry we aren't giving you the money we have reason to believe there was cheating or something like that and he was like ok then, if you were genuine you would hit the roof!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Apparently they were in debt - but most people can deal with their debt without cheating on a gameshow. .

The reason they were in debt was because they had a lifestyle that was above their means. According to something I read yesterday lots of tv companies abroad want them to host quiz shows- they can't do that here because of the conviction for fraud.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tashmania
    The first advertisement break that came along, the first advert was for cough medicine, Benylin Chesty Coughs I think!

I noticed that!

Before I watched the programme I didn't think there was any way they could get enough proof etc but after hearing the coughing etc it is so obvious.

Oh and how much debt can they have been in, the wife won £32,000 on the show herself. She gave me nightmares...
  • Options
    Apparently he's gonna get a load of money from doing cough medicine adverts now!! It dont really make sense to me, they try to con the gameshow into giving them money by cheating when playing the game, then when they get found out, they get a load of money for doing adverts! Or is that what this worlds come to now?? :confused: