Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Nightlife in Liverpool and Manchester?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I suspect that the nightlife will be good in both Liverpool and Manchester, but does anyone have the low-down on both places, in terms of pubs and clubs? All information most welcome! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Don't know anything about Liverpool, but manchester is OK, you just have to find the good places! (i.e. where there are no scallies :p) Try www.itchymanchester.co.uk and click Clubbing - or search on Google :) You'll find some pretty honest sites!!
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply!

I will be about 1.5-2 hours from Manchester and Liverpool from September onwards, so I am hoping to visit for an evening out occasionally.
  • Options
    I live in Stockport (about 40mins from M'cr city centre) so I go out there a lot... maybe see you around!!
  • Options
    :naughty:

Thanks again for your help; you're a star.
  • Options
    Used to live in Manchester

Are you gonna be a student? If so then your NUS card will get you into a lot of good bars in the student village, i hear its good in that part of town.
    We've had nights out in three parts of Manchester, firstly theres Castlefield. Its a trendy area, expect plush bars and celeb spotting.
    Next theres Peter Street, this is where its happening with all the big bars and a couple of Ritzy type clubs. This is the main bit.
    Finally, you have to try out the Gay Village. Me and my g/f went quite often coz the atmosphere is good, its full of bars playing dance music and a lot of the places are straight friendly. Worth a try.

All the big name clubs are spaced out, theres a new dance club called Ascencion but never been, Sankeys is still on the go but be warned its a bit of a shit tip

hope this helps