Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

five times a day.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    My Pakistani friend was sitting with me in the Media Center yesterday when I was posting. He said just shoot them, no trial, just shoot them.

I do think the radical groups are the enemy though. There's actually an important trial going on now in Indonesia.

So you put forward someone elses opinion as your own then?
    FINALLY! We have proof that you do just regurgitate right-wing news channel splurge!
  • Options
    So you put forward someone elses opinion as your own then?

blahaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

The friend I was talking about is the Pakistani Muslim. His father told him about the innocents killed in Pakistan by radical Muslims. They don't care who they kill...he said. So it sounded good to me at the time. Plus, it was fun for us to post.:naughty:
  • Options
    My Pakistani friend was sitting with me in the Media Center yesterday when I was posting. He said just shoot them, no trial, just shoot them.

To some extent, the only way you can fight them is to go by their own methods, and way of thinking.
    It's like explaining a baby which vitamins a carrot contains. As if a 2 year old child will understand. On the other hand explain that it will strengthen him and help him become "big boy", then there's more of a chance of the kid eating it.
    I know it's a shitty example, but the only one I could think of right now.
  • Options
    To some extent, the only way you can fight them is to go by their own methods,

I also heard that the Arab Street rides the strongest horse. So if you appear weak...that's not good. I hope if we can do things right in Iraq....it will be an example to the next generation that a democracy can create jobs and peace for everyone...and you can still be a good Muslim or whatever you want to be.
  • Options
    I also heard that the Arab Street rides the strongest horse. So if you appear weak...that's not good. I hope if we can do things right in Iraq....it will be an example to the next generation that a democracy can create jobs and peace for everyone...and you can still be a good Muslim or whatever you want to be.

The thing is that a large section of the population DON'T WANT democracy; look at the way the clergy are already taking over the running of traffic in baghdad for example. A radical muslim state will emerge out of this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    The thing is that a large section of the population DON'T WANT democracy; look at the way the clergy are already taking over the running of traffic in baghdad for example. A radical muslim state will emerge out of this.

You've been there and done a poll?

Glad to see that there is more than one crystal ball out there... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv
    There is a lot of resentment to the United States across the world. People see the US as a bully and a supported of regimes which breach human rights.

And where did you come by this information?

From the media? Or did you bother to visit countries across the world?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Greenhat works for the US and so is obviously bound by collective responsibility to toe the Govt. line.

To some extent that is true. Not collective responsibility. Personal responsibility. My attitude and decisions can cost people lives. Duty, Honor, Country... ethical standards that are foreign to a number of people on this forum.

I don't agree with everything the US Gov't does or has done. So I simply don't address those things. Those with a little insight might learn something by paying attention to what isn't said as well as what is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    To some extent that is true. Not collective responsibility. Personal responsibility. My attitude and decisions can cost people lives. Duty, Honor, Country... ethical standards that are foreign to a number of people on this forum.

I don't agree with everything the US Gov't does or has done. So I simply don't address those things. Those with a little insight might learn something by paying attention to what isn't said as well as what is.

A true diplomat speaks!

True, if I worked for the UK govt. then i'd have to be diplomatic too...
  • Options
    The answer to your question was already given above I see.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    The answer to your question was already given above I see.

But with no explanation about the bullshit artist part, which is still puzzling me. Yup, you of all people, know how incapable the functioning of this little girl's brain is :angel:
  • Options
    Id be interested in the answer as well..

Or is it simply the case that anyone who dares disagree with the all knowing Clandestine is a bullshit artist?