Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Beating Spots - I think I'm Winning!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been very spotty since my teenage years, went through the whole anti-biotic, roacutane thing. Anyway I was very imature about my personal hygine till about 6 months ago. I just didn't wash my face much at all, so I was always spotty.

Anyway for about 5 months I tried various things, vitamin C tablets, lots of water, different diet, all while washing my face twice daily with a neutral PH soap and water. Very slight progress was made but not a lot, I got down about it.

I decided to try the cosmetics route before consulting the doctor so I did a bit of research on the net. I used the American Clearsil site (UK one was useless) to find out what products I should be using.

It recommended the following.
Twice a day 3 in 1 face wash used morning and night.
Pore cleanser used day and night.
Active treatment cream for day.
Overnight prevention cream for night.

Now I am first to admit that is a little expensive and I may be using too much stuff but the results have been very promising. Within a month I have seen a more dramatic change than 5 months just using soap. The overnight cream seems particulary effective at drying out spots.

So there you go I thought I'd post a possible solution incase anybody else was thinking of trying something different :)

Comments

• Options
    Is this bacterial marketing?
  • Options
    Thats very good, i sincerely hope you are winning, i know what a nightmare spots can be.

I have had spots for 5 years now and am only now getting rid of them. My course of action is taking plenty of vitamin b5 tablets, (i mean like ten a day), while using a german product called silicol skin daily too. Ive not been this clear in 5 years.
  • Options
    you should get a job for the clearasil marketing department
  • Options
    Different things work for different people. :)
  • Options
    congrats! Spots suck. I hate having them, its the one thing i cant control! And being a control freak that fucks me up! lol!
  • Options
    MWF what was your experience with roaccutane? I've been on it 14 weeks, haven't got acne anymore (and when I started even the dermatologist was taken back by how severe it was), but quite a lot of red marks left over.....
  • Options
    i thin i must be blind cos my bf has bad stops on his chin and stuff and has to take pills for them but i never noticed them for like i month...i dnt know why i just told you that.
  • Options
    Have you tried some Tea Tree Oil?
  • Options
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Have you tried some Tea Tree Oil?

Got to agree with this one, this stuff works really well on reducing bumps and stuff.
    The sebum controlled Moisturisers seem to work as well.
  • Options
    I went to my GP and they prescribed some creama nd tablets!
    I know have EXTREMELY clear skin :D

Bad thing is.... instead of taking 2 a day, i was taking 4-6 a day..... hence why they cleared up so quick.....

Everything was ok, bu i think its cut my testosterone level down, which AIN'T good!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    i thin i must be blind cos my bf has bad stops on his chin and stuff and has to take pills for them but i never noticed them for like i month...i dnt know why i just told you that.

maybe you are pointing out that most people dont notice them that much on other people, its just when people have their own spots, they think they are the worst in the world. I mean, of course they are not nice and people want to get rid of them, but my friend won't come swimming with us because he has spots, and I don't care, and neither do the girls (I think - but they can be very shallow sometimes...).

Bah vanity.... just kidding. Congrats MWF
  • Options
    the only thing that worked for clearing up my spots was TIME. you grow out of it, and unfortunatly spots are a fact of life for most teenagers, and spending a fortune on clearasil isnt going to work necessarily, just keep your face clean and theyll probably get better on their own eventually.
  • Options
    Wrong one
  • Options
    Skin care...

My face around my nose area has become really dry and because of were I work at nights it dries it out quite a lot and I've started to get sopts back on my forhead. Oxy don't really work and theres small dark redish sopts after the sopts go..Are they scars?