Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

national dress

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
in every contry there is a national dress, plate of food, dance or whatever.....but whats englands?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fish 'n' Chips :p
  • Options
    Bowler hats, Roast Dinners and.....erm.....Morris dancing? lol :yeees:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Bowler hats.... Morris dancing?

Fancy a dance? :naughty:
  • Options
    Bowler hats, Roast Dinners and.....erm.....Morris dancing? lol :yeees:

And furled umbrellas. :D
  • Options
    wow england is boring
  • Options
    one of the very best things about the english, of wich i am one ...
    is we don't hold on to all that outdated crap. we are english. we aint interested. we are cool. we do whatever. we wear whatever.
    we don't want or need it. the rest of the world can get on with pretending. now wheres my cloth cap and clogs gone?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Sure, but you'll have to teach me how to Morris dance! :p
  • Options
    Sure, but you'll have to teach me how to Morris dance! :p

And I thought such a worldly lady like yourself would have been knowledgeable on such things. :rolleyes: :D OK, what you do is this: take each other's hands, jiggle about a bit, and pretend we know what we're doing. ;) They'll never realise we don't have a clue!
  • Options
    And I thought such a worldly lady like yourself would have been knowledgeable on such things.

Actually, did anyone else have to do Morris dancing in PE type lessons at first school? Or was it just my crappy school? :blush:
  • Options
    Didn't I read somewhere that the fav English food was now curry as opposed to Fish n Chips.
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Didn't I read somewhere that the fav English food was now curry as opposed to Fish n Chips.

I read or heard something about that a good couple of years ago. I presume, if it was correct, that curry would have made an even bigger impact by now. Both are delicious, but I prefer curry.
  • Options
    Actually, did anyone else have to do Morris dancing in PE type lessons at first school? Or was it just my crappy school? :blush:
    Errrm, no :yeees: What school did you go to? :p

*Remembers* Oh actually...i used to do errrm, country dancing at my Primary school *shrugs*:rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    has been for about twenty years i think. it's good. we have escaped being americanised. we have achieved multiculturism without to much difficulty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    *Remembers* Oh actually...i used to do errrm, country dancing at my Primary school *shrugs*:rolleyes: :p

Oooh, maybe it's country dancing that I'm thinking of.....:confused: I dunno, it was about 15 years ago! :p
  • Options
    We had to do country dancing:o is that similar?
  • Options
    Oooh, maybe it's country dancing that I'm thinking of.....:confused: I dunno, it was about 15 years ago! :p
    All i remember is "grab your parnter..." linking arms and swinging round! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    All i remember is "grab your parnter..." linking arms and swinging round! :rolleyes:

Yeah that's what I meant :blush:

Ah well same thing, still a load of crap! Why on earth did they feel the need to teach us that? :eek2:
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I meant :blush:

Ah well same thing, still a load of crap! Why on earth did they feel the need to teach us that? :eek2:
    Yes, im sure they're very similar :p lol!

Personally i think it was just so that they could sit back and laugh at us skipping around infront of a large audience...damn teachers :mad: :eek2:
  • Options
    Personally i think it was just so that they could sit back and laugh at us skipping around infront of a large audience...damn teachers :mad: :eek2:

Do they still teach kids country dancing now? It surely has to be the most pointless thing ever? :lol:
  • Options
    Do they still teach kids country dancing now? It surely has to be the most pointless thing ever? :lol:
    I dunno, they did when i was at primary school! Yep...definately the most pointless thing ever :rolleyes:
  • Options
    England has its fish and chips.... tho on the curry debate, it was still only invented to hide the taste of rotting meat... so next time your down the local indian, think about what flavours the spices are masking ;)

but not every country has a traditional meal, dress, etc etc..... take the USA for example... the states is a culmination of hundreds of years of different cultures mixing, how could you class it as one... on that note, how can you say fish and chips is the traditional meal in the UK, when so many residents of the UK come from different heritiges and backgrounds, such as hispanic, asian, etc.... ?? i dunno, maybe its just me being wierd :p

dum deee dum..... :banghead:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    England has its fish and chips.... tho on the curry debate, it was still only invented to hide the taste of rotting meat... so next time your down the local indian, think about what flavours the spices are masking ;)

but not every country has a traditional meal, dress, etc etc..... take the USA for example... the states is a culmination of hundreds of years of different cultures mixing, how could you class it as one... on that note, how can you say fish and chips is the traditional meal in the UK, when so many residents of the UK come from different heritiges and backgrounds, such as hispanic, asian, etc.... ?? i dunno, maybe its just me being wierd :p

dum deee dum..... :banghead:
    Anyway... :p

*Joking...* :D
  • Options
    Anyway... :p

*Joking...* :D

allow me to reitterate..... :banghead:
  • Options

Yeah its part of the curriculum for P.E and has to be taught :eek:
  • Options

my mums cousin is a morris dancer, he will dance with ya!

jing jing jing
  • Options
    What about roast dinners? and...er... the YMCA dance? or Agadoo dance? lol :lol: