Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Phone help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mobile has just died one me! It's a 7210, have only had it for a couple of months and it just turned itself off. Now it won't turn back on again, anyone got any ideas? Other than taking it back to the shop in my lunch break tomorrow? :confused:

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes you need to hold the on button for ages before they come back on. Fuck knows why. Try it anyway.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i heard about a problem with 7210's, try taking the sim card out, and turning it on, if it works, put the card back in and try again.... if it still dont work..... im afraid the shop is the only solution
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing's working :(

    How am I supposed to survive til tomorrow lunch time without a mobile phone :eek: :yeees:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try turning it on with the charger connected - see if that works. If not, try cleaning the plates of the battery with a tissue. Just keep trying.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you drop it anywhere? If you did that could be why. Although the people in the shops get really nasty if you tell them you've dropped your phone and it stopped working... well they did with me anyway! Um maybe you need a new battery? Sorry, I'm not much help. Sounds like you might have to wait till tomorrow! Or you could try putting your SIM card in a mate's phone so you can check for text messages etc?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Did you drop it anywhere?

    Nope! I was sat here on the computer with my phone next to me on the desk, went to send a text and noticed it had turned itself off. Was fully charged and everything. Is damn annoying since it's so new! I will put the sim card in my old fone later to check for messages, but grrrrrr.....bloody modern technology! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got this before with my 3510 and i had to leave it for a bit then switch it on.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Phone help
    Originally posted by Faith
    My mobile has just died one me! It's a 7210, have only had it for a couple of months and it just turned itself off. Now it won't turn back on again, anyone got any ideas? Other than taking it back to the shop in my lunch break tomorrow? :confused:

    depends what network your on and weather or not you are on a contract? if your on orange and have orange care then they will replace it for you within 24 hours, if not then the best thing to do is bring it to a nokia service center as it will prob need a software upgrade/flash. most carphonewarehouse's are nokia approved service centers and will do ift free of charge providing the phone is under a year old and you have the reciept!

    hope this helps!
    i know how u feel :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its the software u need to get it updated...i had that problem with my fone and got the new software now its as good as new...mind wen u get the new software everythin on fone memory gets wiped off, to get the new software u need to take it to the place where it is warranteed
    :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Phone help
    Originally posted by Fab
    depends what network your on and weather or not you are on a contract? if your on orange and have orange care then they will replace it for you within 24 hours, if not then the best thing to do is bring it to a nokia service center as it will prob need a software upgrade/flash. most carphonewarehouse's are nokia approved service centers and will do ift free of charge providing the phone is under a year old and you have the reciept!

    hope this helps!
    i know how u feel :(

    Thanx hun! I went in today and i do have to take it somewhere and they'll do it in a few hours. I still have the receipt cos I only got it in Feb :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You see faith - said it was a software update needed in the IRC room last nite - were they all snotty about it?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    were they all snotty about it?

    No they were very nice about it. But then they were young blokes my age ;) hehe
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hehehehe - get any new numbers while you were there? And I dont mean a new phone :P
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    Hehehehe - get any new numbers while you were there? And I dont mean a new phone :P

    Unfortunately not, might have to go back tomorrow :naughty:;)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :naughty:

    "Excuse me, my phones broken"
    "But you were here yesterday"
    "I mean....my chargers broken"


    :P

    Better get another broken phone to take down there then eh lol. Wow, thats gotta be one of the most...unique ways to find a partner. Can imagine it now, 5 years down the line, "so how did you and your partner meet?" lol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Phone help
    Originally posted by Faith
    Thanx hun! I went in today and i do have to take it somewhere and they'll do it in a few hours. I still have the receipt cos I only got it in Feb :rolleyes:


    its okie! anytime, hope they sort it out for you!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Got it back all sorted, but i lost my whole address book :crying: :mad:

    Gonna take me ages to get all those numbers back, some are people who I went to uni with but don't have email addresses for etc. Grrrrrrr should of stuck with the old brick phone I had, instead of these poncey gadgets that don't work :yeees:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Faith
    Grrrrrrr should of stuck with the old brick phone I had, instead of these poncey gadgets that don't work :yeees:

    what do you REALLY expect from cheap mass produced consumer electronics? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    what do you REALLY expect from cheap mass produced consumer electronics? :rolleyes:

    Oh shush, you sound like Anne Robinson on Watch Dog :p lol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Faith
    Oh shush, you sound like Anne Robinson on Watch Dog :p lol

    no, anne robinson sounds like she actually CARES on watchdog... i don't. ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.