Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Photoshop... ARGHNESS!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am trying to re-save a picture. Now, I want to save it as a jpg or gif, but it doesn't give me those options, only photoshop connected ones, why? What can I do?

Comments

• Options
    Re-save it in another imaging program?
  • Options
    Try flattening the image first, if you have more than 1 layer you'll only be able to save it as a photoshop file.
  • Options
    photoshop should give you the option to save as a jpeg or a gif, or one of many other formats for that matter, i think photoshop normally gives the description of the file type then the extension...... if you want to save it as a photoshop image and upload it, im sure i could convert it for you :)
    if its private, dont worry, ill think of something else :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Try flattening the image first, if you have more than 1 layer you'll only be able to save it as a photoshop file.

How would I flatten it? I am sorry for sounding so dumb, but I am all new to this program :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

if it is a multilayered image, photoshop will just warn you that it is going to "flatten" it when you save it as a jpeg.... gifs can still support more than one layer i think
  • Options
    Figured out now, but thanks anyways darlings!
    Really appericiate it :)
  • Options
    Eul Grepus, the reason I was asking, was so I could get
    <
    this as my brand new kick-ass avatar! *swoon*