Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Mini Skirt is "Back"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It makes me laugh....every spring, as soon as theres a bit of good weather, the news always has an item about how the Mini Skirt is back....As far as I'm aware it never went away:rolleyes:

Anyway...I used to wear Minis a lot, some of them so short that it makes me blush to think of how I looked getting books for customers when I worked in Waterstone's bookshop, or cycling to work! :o

Mind you - There was something 'cool' about wearing the shortest skirt possible and not giving a fuck! :p

Over the last few years I have stopped wearing them but last week I spent every day in one and I've just bought a new one to wear to work on Tuesday (Weather permitting)

Hurrah for the mini skirt :D

Comments

• Options
    argh. i wish it wasn't. i get sooooo envious of other girls legs :(
  • Options
    :D aswel! lol!
  • Options
    Sadly I don't have the legs or arse for a mini skirt. :(
  • Options
    Yay good weather! I've been looking out of the window all week at the girls going by! :D At least my drooling has cleaned the windows now. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I dont like them, mainly cos i aint got the legs to wear one!! :(
  • Options
    If your legs are short then wear a slightly longer mini!! I'm only 5 ft 6 and my legs are really muscley because of all the cycling i do but I still wear them!! (Not sure that I'd be one of the girls making MR Wobble drool though!!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    I dont like them, mainly cos i aint got the legs to wear one!! :(
    me neither :(
  • Options
    yay i have the new pleated black mini skirt with a chain on it. I love mini skirts!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    If your legs are short then wear a slightly longer mini!! I'm only 5 ft 6 and my legs are really muscley because of all the cycling i do but I still wear them!! (Not sure that I'd be one of the girls making MR Wobble drool though!!)
    down to my feet long enough?
  • Options
    im 5 ft 6 also, but although im not fat, im a bit pear shaped (although i prefer to think of it as more JLo shaped :p ) the exact shape that mini skirts DONT suit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    the exact shape that mini skirts DONT suit.

I don't think they'd suit my shape, either.

Not that I ever plan to find out.

:eek:
  • Options
    im 5 ft 6 also, but although im not fat, im a bit pear shaped (although i prefer to think of it as more JLo shaped :p ) the exact shape that mini skirts DONT suit.

I'm exactly the same but 5ft 2. :( :eek: That is why I will only wear knee length skirts at the shortest. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I don't think they'd suit my shape, either.

Not that I ever plan to find out.

:eek:

lmao!!

and alos, they look like shit on em... *grumbles stupid thigs* :p
  • Options
    I love minis. :heart::love: And hopefully, I look ok in them cuz I'm addicited to them. Just bought another one on Thursday. woo! Cream and black and pleated. :D
  • Options
    and i love my not tight jeans and chocolate

*is secretly jelous of eefs* :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    and i love my not tight jeans and chocolate

*is secretly jelous of eefs* :D

Haha! Don't be. Everyone's prolly pissing themselves laughing at me as I walk around in my various minis. :D
  • Options
    I used to wear a skirt to school that didnt even cover my bum.

That my dears is the only skirt you'll ever catch me wearing. Ever.
  • Options
    Oh, if you wear a mini skirt I'll happily drool over them for you. In fact, to save my saliva the journey from my tongue and bottom lip to your legs, I'll just lick your legs instead. All the way up from your little pinkies to the top of your thighs, if you like? :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    only 5'4'' and still rocking the miniskirt look :D

currently doing a daria and wearing my black pleated mini with army boots....
  • Options
    I don't suit minis. I'm still sticking with my knee length skirts with splits up the side, and all my trusty cord skirts. They're soooo last season!
  • Options
    mini skirts are good untill its your girl wearing one! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    mini skirts are good untill its your girl wearing one! :mad:
    eh ??? whys that. do you mean you only like eyeing up other girls legs, but not your own girlfriends????? im confused, surely youd want your girlfriend to wear clothes you like.
  • Options
    I've bought a few mini skirts recently but haven't got round to wearing them yet, need to get the courage to bear my legs to world ;)
  • Options
    I love mini skirts, and i love buying the shoes and top to go with it aswell:p im into the pleated ones at the moment.
  • Options
    eh ??? whys that. do you mean you only like eyeing up other girls legs, but not your own girlfriends????? im confused, surely youd want your girlfriend to wear clothes you like.

no! its when all those other guys get to see my girls legs

(i am very selfish, hehe)
  • Options
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    I love mini skirts, and i love buying the shoes and top to go with it aswell:p im into the pleated ones at the moment.
    Oh, so you're in to the schoolgirl look, eh? :naughty: Oh, hang on, you are a schoolgirl, aren't you? :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Lmao:lol: yep i am a school girl.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    ahhh, mini skirts. The new Girl's aloud video.. aaaaaahhm heaven!
  • Options
    I usually live in my denims or cords but go through phases of wearing skirts. I love the pleated ones in the shops just now! Tried a couple on the other day but they were soo short. I'm only 5ft 2 and not exactly slim although my legs are ok so think I can get away with short skirts but some of the ones around just now don't leave much to the imagination...
  • Options
    Mini skirts - :yes: Wahay, they're great :D