Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

baking

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
had a shit day today so i am going to do some baking tonight and binge eat and stuff. what should i bake?? any ideas from anyone!!! i'm gonna make cookies but dont know what else :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    One of my favourite topics! Chocolate cake is my favourite! Why not make a simple chocolate sponge and fill it with chocolate butter cream, and serve with lashings of (ideally clotted) cream. Simple and quick, but very tasty, as long as it's moist enough. I'll test it. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    One of my favourite topics! Chocolate cake is my favourite! Why not make a simple chocolate sponge and fill it with chocolate butter cream, and serve with lashings of (ideally clotted) cream. Simple and quick, but very tasty, as long as it's moist enough. I'll test it. :D

mmm ... that sounds divine :yum: im not a good cool but that sounds nice. mmm ...
  • Options
    Haha don't have to be a good cook to make this! It's really easy.
  • Options
    Haha don't have to be a good cook to make this! It's really easy.

you dont know how bad my cooking is!!!!!
  • Options
    Bake a chocolate cake, they smell the nicest :) baking is such a lovely smell.

Or a marble cake, they're fun to make :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Bake a chocolate cake, they smell the nicest :) baking is such a lovely smell.

Yep! Cooking is all about experimenting and trying different things without really knowing what it will be like. For instance, you could have a chocolate sponge with chocolate butter cream and jam. It may sound odd, but it is certainly tasty.

Go for the chocolate sponge with choc butter cream and enjoy! It is important to mix all the ingredients very thoroughly and to spread two greesed tins equally with the mixture. You'll easily be able to cook it. :)
  • Options
    Pavlova :D dunno if its baking though....

mmmmm...them is some gooOOood egg whites and sugar hehehe

The classic is choccy cake, but you gonna definetly need some ice cream with that then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day

yeah mardle cake. or tiger cake. its kinda the same but when ever i make it, it doesnt set in the middle and goes all gooey....mmmmm! :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    Pavlova :D dunno if its baking though....

mmmmm...them is some gooOOood egg whites and sugar hehehe

The classic is choccy cake, but you gonna definetly need some ice cream with that then.

mmm ... pavlova. yum. my aussie friends gave me a recipie for it and still not tried it out. may do that too!!!!
  • Options
    One of my favourite topics! Chocolate cake is my favourite!
    rainbow will be round in a mo.
  • Options
    Make space cakes, Rollie should agree with me :yes:
  • Options
    Chocolate fudge cake
    Devils food cake
    Chocolate fudge brownies

Anything with chocolate is good. As long as you don`t have to share it of course!

Pineapple upside down cake is good too :)
  • Options
    Not forgetting coconut cake with buttercream....

Im gonna have to start baking myself in a minute at this rate.

Edited to say I forgot about coffeecake *drooooool*
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Make space cakes, Rollie should agree with me :yes:
    i have a friend who visits and stays maybe three four times a yr. always brings cannabis cookies with her. pure delight and confusion!
  • Options
    chocolate seems to be quite a common idea. but alas, im not gonna bake ... i have a date instead!!! yay!!!! :D
  • Options
    Ooh exciting!!

Surely you could combine the 2? Like in Clueless :D you could bake for your date.

Alternatively have much more fun and go out on the town - have a good evening :)
  • Options
    thanks. i could combine them!!! heehee!!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    im not gonna bake ... i have a date instead!!! yay!!!! :D

So I told you all that stuff for nothing? :eek2: Should get your priorities right - how am I gonna have cake now? ;)

Only kidding - have a good time!
  • Options
    Dates are good, but pavlovas are better :)
    especially ones with cream on top

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cream on top
  • Options
    How about flapjack. Or shortbread (love the smell of warm shortbread) :yum: Or anything with chocolate.
    As you're going out on a date, how about covering him with chocolate!? :naughty::yum:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    When I have a baking day I start off with Corned Beef Pie, Sausage Rolls then go onto the sweet stuff, I make scones, butterfly cakes and maybe a chocolate sponge.
    Normally its a Sunday I bake and then we have what my Daughter calls a party tea. So we have hotdogs on sticks, egg sandwiches, pickled onions, crisps and the stuff we made on the afternoon :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    When I have a baking day I start off with Corned Beef Pie, Sausage Rolls then go onto the sweet stuff, I make scones, butterfly cakes and maybe a chocolate sponge.
    Normally its a Sunday I bake and then we have what my Daughter calls a party tea. So we have hotdogs on sticks, egg sandwiches, pickled onions, crisps and the stuff we made on the afternoon :)

That sounds lovely! It reminds me of when we used to go and visit my Great Aunts on Sunday afternoons when I was little. There`d only be about 8-10 of us there but there`d be a spread like they were feeding the 5000! No kidding. They`d have ham and cheese, salad, bread, sausage rolls, fairy cakes, big cakes, trifle, you name it!

And they always used to ply my mum with sherry!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Or shortbread

I make lovely shortbread :yum: Only takes 3 ingredients too.

I like baking but dont do it that often tho. I make fantastic trifle too. It'll knock ya socks off!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    I make lovely shortbread :yum: Only takes 3 ingredients too.
    Oooo, do you have a recipie? It's been years since I've made any, and forgotten. :( Just sugar, butter, and flour and egg, isn't it?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Oooo, do you have a recipie? It's been years since I've made any, and forgotten. :( Just sugar, butter, and flour and egg, isn't it?

Mr_Wobble ;)

Nope, you dont need an egg. I said three ingredients, Id have though you might have been able to count by now :p Lol, only joking. I can send you the recipe in a PM if ya like? Let me know :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    Nope, you dont need an egg. I said three ingredients, Id have though you might have been able to count by now :p Lol, only joking. I can send you the recipe in a PM if ya like? Let me know :)
    I thought I used an egg somewhere last time? Well, it's been some time. :) Go on then, what's the recipe you follow. Either post it here, or PM me if you prefer. Why PM it? Is it a top secret recepie? :)

Mr_Wobble ;)