Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hallooo
well alot of my mates are gettin into pills.
they said they'd kill me if i ever tried them, but they also say that they're amazin. ive seen some of thm after takin pills and its pretty scary, but i dunno...what should i do!? are they worth it or should i just stick with hash? it still gives me a buzz so i dont really see the point but im kinda curious.:chin:

Comments

• Options
    hey said they'd kill me if i ever tried them
    Woha .. can you say hypocrisy.

You should definitely try them if you are curious.
    http://TheDEA.org/usersguide.html for great info.
  • Options
    Originally posted by addyh
    You should definitely try them if you are curious.

noooo, no no no. And 10 more "no"s. He should only try them if he feels he wants to, and would be safe doing so. If i wanted to know what flying off a cliff with no parachute would be like, would you advise it? i wouldnt advise the advice [:crazyeyes] of taking of illegal drugs, particularily ones with unknown long term effects.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k
    noooo, no no no. And 10 more "no"s. He should only try them if he feels he wants to, and would be safe doing so. If i wanted to know what flying off a cliff with no parachute would be like, would you advise it? i wouldnt advise the advice [:crazyeyes] of taking of illegal drugs, particularily ones with unknown long term effects.

ahem *she*!!! ok im starting to go off the idea...
  • Options
    pills ARE amzing and i :heart: em but at the same time i wish id never startd taking them.... might be being hyprocits but theyve got a point... My bf did them and told me hed kill me if i took them and i thought he was being stupid and hypocritical. Now i know why.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit

???f dying from doing pills compares to that of fishing and horseriding. However much the government would like you to believe that you'll die after taking one, it simply isn't true. That doesn't mean to say that they're without risk though!

I don't thing that any one disputes that ecstasy isn't good for you - to what extent though is still being debated amongst even the proper smart arse scientists.

Here's a couple of links worth the read!!!

New Scientist
    Risk in perspective
    Risk classification

I've done a fair bit of reading on the subject (plus a fair bit of first hand experience :p) and own a few books - I accept that there's a strong possibility that it's not doing my brain any good ...but then my attitude is that I could get run over tomorrow. I live life for the moment, and some may see that as irresponsible - but that's my choice as it is yours if you want to try it.

Have an open mind, have a good read and come to your own decision!!! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    pills ARE amzing and i :heart: em but at the same time i wish id never startd taking them.... might be being hyprocits but theyve got a point... My bf did them and told me hed kill me if i took them and i thought he was being stupid and hypocritical. Now i know why.

why did your bf stop ??
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Now i know why.

:confused:
  • Options
    MDMA, can be a beautiful chemical that can really provide you with some wonderful experiances.
    However it really really needs to be treated with respect, which in my opinion it rarely gets. It is a dangerous drug and can cause you serious harm.
    There is also in a lot of cases a long way between pure MDMA and 'pills'. There is an increasing number of poor quality makers out there swamping the market with crap, make very very sure you know what your putting in your body.

As for whether you should do them or not, no-one can make that choice for you, read up on it as much as you can, get all the info that you can and then make an informed choice.
    If you do make the descision to do them dont rush it and be sure what your getting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    There is an increasing number of poor quality makers out there swamping the market with crap

Actually evidence from lab reports and various sources such as Pill Reports and Ecstasy.org show that quality of pills in general, over the last ten years, is getting better + stronger.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    There has been less pills with 'crap' in them, like ket and that but I've heard from a few places that theres quite a lot of pills around with trace MDA in them which probally means that the synth has been done badly and thats why they feel 'dirty'.
    Your right that there has been an increase in MDMA pills but a lot of them havent been made that well.
  • Options
    if you really want to know what is a pill is like, you might as well jump of a cliff, near enough same experience.

you'll feel high and in your own world, but you can't eat too much, although you're starving yourself for something! and the come down is one hell of a headache!

it messes your hormones up and makes you feel depressed wanting more! it only gets worse. i say try a different type of getting high.
  • Options
    vorni

A mate told me years ago, that coke was the best drug he'd ever tried and told me to stay away from it. I asked why he said it was so good he did it till he didnt want to do anything else and thats when it became bad.

Truth is you can't miss what you never had and if your worried about anything the last thing you want to do is chemicals.Peace.
  • Options
    Re: vorni
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Truth is you can't miss what you never had

Bit of a weird attitude. Do you also recommend this attitude to sky diving, drinking, sex or even love?

If we all had this attitude the world would be a very boring place!
    ... and if your worried about anything the last thing you want to do is chemicals.Peace.

Better not drink or eat anything ever again! EVERYTHING is a chemical. You consume thousandes of chemicals every day just by eating and drinking :rolleyes:

I suspect you mean synthetic chemicals i.e chemical that are man made ...again you better watch what you eat very carefully. Ever looked at the ingredients of anything you buy in the supermarket - E numbers and all sorts of flavouring and preservatives that are completely synthetic.

Diet coke for instance contains not only caffiene (a drug, a chemical) but a sweetner called Aspertame. A synthetic chemical that some believe causes cancer :eek:

But then what about all those synthetic chemicals that the doctor prescribes you when your poorly ...better keep to natural remedies!

At the end of the day just because it's synthetic doesn't mean it's worse for you than naturally occuring chemicals. Some of the most deaadly poisons and toxins are found in living things - animal venoms and plants! A parecetamol is going to cure a headache far better than drinking fox glove soup!

Anyway it's seratonin that gets you mashed when you pop a pill - a chemical produced naturally inside you body!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    skive

i would love to sky-dive but by having not done so i don't miss it. Maybe i will maybe i won't.

The chemicals i mean are pills, speed or coke. If you've done them you know about the paranoia which can happen. Doing these if your worried is not going to be the best experience to start with.

I'm the last person to stop enjoying life, I just do what I enjoy and feel confident about.
  • Options
    Re: skive
    i would love to sky-dive but by having not done so i don't miss it. Maybe i will maybe i won't.

I understand what point your making but I don't agree with it. Sky diving for instance is a pretty dangerous activity, but just becauseI havn't experienced it doesn't mean I shouldn't if I'm curious!!
    The chemicals i mean are pills, speed or coke. If you've done them you know about the paranoia which can happen. Doing these if your worried is not going to be the best experience to start with.

Someone who's not in the slight apprehensive about taking their first pill is either stupid or a liar! Vorni doesn't seem anymore worried about taking her first pill than I was - but I've never regreted a thing. Taking any drug for the first time can be a daunting experience (first time I did acid :crazyeyes:)

Personaly I find speed and pot give me a sense of paranoia far worse than pills, and I know many experienced smokers that agree. I've all but given up smoking puff, but then different drugs effect different people.

At the end of the day the decision lies with Vorni! ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Re: vorni
    Originally posted by Skive

Diet coke for instance contains not only caffiene (a drug, a chemical) but a sweetner called Aspertame. A synthetic chemical that some believe causes cancer :eek:

This gal drinks up to 2 litres of diet coke a day and is now majorly freaked out.
  • Options
    Re: Re: vorni
    Originally posted by Skive

This gal drinks up to 2 litres of diet coke a day and is now majorly freaked out.:eek: :crazyeyes

And in reply to whether to do pills or not. Only you can make the choice. I love 'em, but each to their own.....
  • Options
    *suger*; I dont mean to criticise but it what way is using MDMA like jumping off a cliff?
    I cant see any similarity in them myself.

Please dont lump 'chemicals' together! Its a gross over simplification of the issue, all different drugs be they legal/illegal/prescribed come with different risks and possible rewards.

There are people who have gotten seriously depressed after their use of pills, but personaly I think MDMA does have the potencial to help a lot of people if it were to be used with respect.
  • Options
    If you were going to do them, at least do it away from a club and with people who are either your friends or at least have taken them a lot of times, and know what the good and the bad effects can be. I remember someone giving me a file called the E Files, reading it "coming up" about what it does and what it can do, Betts etc etc. I have always thought that was the best way anyone could do. It has to be your choice though, so it is not up to me or really anyone else to say yes or no, because just because I have had a mostly good , if not totally mad, time on them, you might have a shit time, and be wondering what on earth your mates were sayin!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    *suger*; I dont mean to criticise but it what way is using MDMA like jumping off a cliff?
    I cant see any similarity in them myself.

Please dont lump 'chemicals' together! Its a gross over simplification of the issue, all different drugs be they legal/illegal/prescribed come with different risks and possible rewards.

There are people who have gotten seriously depressed after their use of pills, but personaly I think MDMA does have the potencial to help a lot of people if it were to be used with respect.

Don't know if this was person to person, sorry if it is, but maybe the guy was saying that takin E is a bit like takin a trip into the unknown, cos you really can't be 100% sure what will happen? But as my friends say who have taken it, whatever the pill, you simply keep to the simple guidlines re water,rest etc etc, and then, I really do think you would be very,very unlucky to come to any harm by using them. IMHO
  • Options
    Originally posted by Woolly
    maybe the guy was saying that takin E is a bit like takin a trip into the unknown, cos you really can't be 100% sure what will happen?

Jumping off a cliff isn't exactly taking a trip into the unknown - it's a trip to death!!!

How jumping off a cliff and taking a pill compare is beyond me!:confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    k, the message was to relate, not to describe!
  • Options
    It's your choice, but the main thing about ecstasy is that (in my experience) the way you're going to feel on it depends hugely on how you're feeling before you take it. In light of that: don't, DON'T do it if you're not feeling completely great about life. E doesn't make you happy (necessarily); it gets you very up close and personal with your feelings -- so if you're stressed or worried or upset about anything, you will feel miserable. By the same token, it's important that you have plenty of friends with you whom you love and trust a whole lot, because you WILL want to hug them and tell them you love them, and it's better if you mean it. (It's also just plain safer to have someone with you who cares -- and make sure you tell them what all you've had, just in case.) Also, if you run the credit (or batteries) down on your mobile phone beforehand, or just leave it at home, this will prevent you from making a lot of embarrassing phone calls (or maybe only I do this.) And your jaw's going to get a bit frisky, so bring chewing gum.

Ecstasy is less fun if you're drunk, so don't be drunk. Eat a few hours beforehand and make sure you know how you're getting home. Don't drink too little water or too much (just a few months ago my friend put herself in hospital by drinking 4 litres of water while on pills -- although actually dehydration is more dangerous, so find a happy medium here.)

I know I'm making it sound like a lot of work, but actually, ecstasy is fucking amazing under the right conditions. Definitely worth trying if you're up for it, but it's really best saved for special occasions, so keep that in mind.

ps. hi I'm new.
  • Options
    ok personally i've not tried ne drugs but my advise is to stay clear of ne of the stronger ones cos as has been said here u'll get hooked then it'll become a bad thing. if hash does it for u wat the need fr nethin stronger is my view!
  • Options
    I think you summed it up preaty well, a little simplyfied perhaps but summed up well.

Just depends on your definition of the stronger ones I guess.
  • Options
    Re: vorni
    A mate told me years ago, that coke was the best drug he'd ever tried and told me to stay away from it. I asked why he said it was so good he did it till he didnt want to do anything else and thats when it became bad.

Truth is you can't miss what you never had and if your worried about anything the last thing you want to do is chemicals.Peace.

i dont think thats a weird attitude.... i agree, u cant miss what youve never had. Some people say its not worth the comedown, some people dont like pills, some love them but wish they could stop.. and some (a lot) of people love them and are happy not stopping. It all depends on your personality.

But chemicals, like BlackArab said are risky and arguably, its not worth the risk of falling in love with them. For me i loved them from day one, if i go to a rave i cant have a good time without them and thats not the way to be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dirtyhands
    It's your choice, but the main thing about ecstasy is that (in my experience) the way you're going to feel on it depends hugely on how you're feeling before you take it. In light of that: don't, DON'T do it if you're not feeling completely great about life. E doesn't make you happy (necessarily); it gets you very up close and personal with your feelings -- so if you're stressed or worried or upset about anything, you will feel miserable.

i agree completly i had a bad experience about 5 years ago, completly unrelated to drugs. I never think about it because when i do it gets me down--but as soon as im on pills i start thinking about it, get aborbed in it and for an hour i tell everyone about it. Luckily, when that happens it only lasts for an hour (and the rest of my time on teh drug will be great) and my close friends know to stay with me and comfort me for that period--but in some people it can bring out feelings u didnt know u had, or feelings u pushed aside.

But, maybe thats dependent on your personality? Alcohol tends to have the same effect in me. So maybe the way you react to pills is entirely dependent on your personality?
  • Options
    What you descibe is the reason MDMA can be very effective for treating some mental health issues, it can strip away some of the defences we have built up so you can treat core problems.
  • Options
    Have u read my thread on my history for the past ten years with E... it is amazing I agree... which lies the problem... once u know how good u can feel on it then physchological addiction creeps in... Clubbing won't be the same without it...

Blissfull ignorance is the best way... if u don't know what its like then u won't miss it.

As for a first time experience... I made the mistake of taking really strong ones in a club... though I was with friends it was our first time and didn't know what to expect... The come down and paranioa had ruined our friendship and we never trusted each other again... didn't realise at the time that pills can make you feel that way.

Think its best to do it at home with your stereo on full blast first to see how u react... doing it in a comfortable environment will lessen paranioa of bad come ups. That way you won't panic in a loud and hot sweaty club like me and my mates.

Good luck

Mikebaby :wave:
  • Options
    Do you realize that post is nearly 3 years old?
This discussion has been closed.