Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Im looking for a new PC game, any suggestions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If anyone has ever played Ultima Ascension thats the sort of game I want
  • Good Graphics
  • Good Story
  • 3D RPG
  • Has a sortah magical/warrior theme to it
  • Not with guns and stuff, more like swords and spells and boxs/arrows
  • Free control, I go where i want to go etc
  • The sort where its like pre-technological, like very very old days with basic technology, i dunno how to explain it... like the times they had taverns instead of pubs :D

Stuff like that, please lemme know any suggestions and details, thnx.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    Morrowind : The Elder Scrolls 3.
  • Options
    thanks

tanks mist, im looking at screenshots/reviews on rpgamer.com

While i was there i saw a game called Gothic 2 which looks interestin, anyone got it? whats it like?
  • Options
    How about the Theif games?
  • Options
    if all else fails, there's the baldur's gate series, or Never Winter Nights
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    How about the Theif games?

What do you mean by theif games?

Baldurs gate seems like a birds eye view like a AOE game, im lookin for somethin where i can go whereever and appear to be in control of someone as if the camera is behind them all the way.

Tom
  • Options
    There's Theif games, i think theres Theif 1,2 and 3. It's set in medievil times.
  • Options
    teyre pretty good, well thief 2 is anyway ive not played the others
  • Options
    Diablo II & Lord of Destruction

:D

I will kill you all. Be the assasin class it rocks, dual katars ahhhh :)

It's not as in depth as other games as in the monsters are basically reptitive but it's so bloody addictive one of the best games I have ever played. Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls 3 is good (with tribunal) but it doesn't have the same addictiveness and I've got bored before. Also no multiplayer play like Diablo 2.

Theres one out that not many people have heard of either - Divine Divinity - it's a really good game which I want and it's exactly along the sort of themes you like. Very similar to Ultima Online except I don't know about the multiplayer aspects. Find some reviews though.

Oh if anyone can reccomend me a game are there any real time strategy games for the XBox? They are my all time faves (tho I do luv a good bit of RPG or FPS) and my XBox should be arriving any day now (or in a month or two lol bloody delivery service).

Neverwinter nights is good :) I have it here only prob is that it gets hard and rahter than a play play play till you win aspect of other games it has a play play .... ugh its too hard give up aspect. Or maybe I'm a quitter? Go to www.spidweb.com and look at blades of Exhile I got that and it truly rocks, one of the best games ever if only one of the big corporations adopted it and graphicked it up a bit. Mmmmm :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Neverwinter nights is good :) I have it here only prob is that it gets hard and rahter than a play play play till you win aspect of other games it has a play play .... ugh its too hard give up aspect. Or maybe I'm a quitter?

you're not the only one. i always get to chapter 3 then give up :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe i shoulda said this earlia but im also interested in xbox games, im only interested in the sort i mentioned in the first post

Im lookin at the games uve suggested and ill reply on em soon once ive checked em. thnx for the help

Tom
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonWalkingsFun
    Maybe i shoulda said this earlia but im also interested in xbox games, im only interested in the sort i mentioned in the first post

Im lookin at the games uve suggested and ill reply on em soon once ive checked em. thnx for the help

Tom

Morrowing is pretty much exactly what you specified, and there are user mods which add in unlimited features.

The thief games are good but I found them difficult. Also they may be hard to get ahold of.
  • Options
    ive been readin about marrowind: the elder scrolls and i think im gona buy it, maybe 2moro or the day afta for xbox

Are there any other games like that for xbox?

I dont understand the difference between first person perspective and third person perspective :(

Has anyone got anythin to tell me about Gothic 2 ?

thnx Tom
  • Options

I dont understand the difference between first person perspective and third person perspective :(

First person is when you see the gun in your hand etc, and third person is an above and behind view, you see your whole body. First person is like seeing through the characters eyes and third person is like seeing him from a gaurdian angel or something.

Don't worry though because Morrowind has both (tho it's tricky aiming the crossbow in 3rd person view hehe)
  • Options
    TES: Morrowind:D Its good!
  • Options
    ive been readin about marrowind: the elder scrolls and i think im gona buy it, maybe 2moro or the day afta for xbox

Are there any other games like that for xbox?

Has anyone got anythin to tell me about Gothic 2 ?

thnx Tom

If your PC is powerful enough you should get Morrowind on the PC rather than the x-box. Much of it's goodness is through being expanded by user mods that I think would be harder or impossible to do on the x-box.

I have never played gothic 2, or heard of it :D