Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Ikea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else ever bought an IKEA Kitchen? I hired a van yesterday and went to Bristol to get one and when I got home discovered they'd given me bits of other kitchens I didn't want and missed some of the stuff I paid for off the order! TWATS..

Now I have to go back again and get the other stuff!

Comments

• Options
    No i haven't, but its a bloody nightmare going in there, its like follow the yellow brick road!.

Btw you could have come & said hi :p.
  • Options
    It is a bit like a maze, and some things are so expensive, but then some of their odds and ends are really great and very cheap. I don't like their meatballs though!
  • Options
    Thye just make it look better in the catalogues. The fact that its flat packed means that it aint always as stable as it should be.
  • Options
    Re: Ikea
    Originally posted by byny
    Has anyone else ever bought an IKEA Kitchen? I hired a van yesterday and went to Bristol to get one and when I got home discovered they'd given me bits of other kitchens I didn't want and missed some of the stuff I paid for off the order! TWATS..

Now I have to go back again and get the other stuff!

No I've not, but personally if they had given me the wrong stuff I would have phoned them and told them to ship the right stuff to me for free, rather than drive back down there. Especially if it's a long way because it costs you in petrol and mileage on the van.

Moral of this story I guess is check the boxes before you leave. Either that or don't buy a kitchen.

:crazyeyes

I have bought other stuff from Ikea, but I always picked the boxes from the shelves myself.
  • Options
    Ooooooh, I love Ikea :D but I always get lost. :(
  • Options
    I`ve never ever set foot in an Ikea for exactly the reason that all I hear is bad stuff.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I`ve never ever set foot in an Ikea for exactly the reason that all I hear is bad stuff.

I have some fine Ikea stuff in my Ikea house. hehe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

Its not all bad, some is really cool. Its just a case of looking around.:)
  • Options
    My mum likes Ikea, although i doubt she would trust them with things like kitchens or anything because she has heard the horror stories about parts being missing etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Its not all bad, some is really cool. Its just a case of looking around.:)

Yeah, and they do cool hotdogs. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Yeah, and they do cool hotdogs. :D

Yep, the hotdogs in Ikea rule, and you can get really nice sweets aswell. :D
  • Options
    I love Ikea! Hours of studying those bits of paper with the weird pictures on them and trying to work out how to put everything together - like a HUGE jigsaw puzzle. And the meatballs are yummy. :D
  • Options
    ooh Ikea rocks!

dont ya just love nicking all the pencils they put out.. its proper fun! I got around 20 of the things once.. :D
  • Options
    They're terrible for delivering things. At uni a friend ordered a bed, took absolutely ages to get delivered, at one point they knew nothing about her ordering it at all. Mind you I dont think many places are much better, we had a wardrobe delivered the other day after waiting for 6 weeks, only to find that they'd given us the doors to a completely different wardrobe and we now have to wait another 6 weeks to get the right ones! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I didn`t mean Ikea`s stuff is bad, I meant I`ve heard a lot of bad stuff about them generally.

Bad service sucks.
  • Options
    In the past I've found them really good...I have a cool lounger thing from them and they delivered it on time (although it cost £45 for delivery)...

Have double checked my order and there are three things missing and three extra things I didn't order. gave them a call and they were not very helpful and said I could come and exchange them but couldn't reserve the items I actually wanted (Even though I have already paid for them) so I'm going to write a letter and hope I get some free vouchers from them.

Apart from that I generally like their stuff and the bed, wardrobe and futon I have from them are all really cool....

I got my kitchen there because my sister had one and its really cool and sturdy.
  • Options
    No Ive never been. Ive never needed to cos I dont buy our furnature :p

But I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve their adverts!!! So cool! :D
  • Options
    Yeah - the adverts are cool. I've also ordered one of those big purple 'schlomping' things! takes 5 weeks to get here though they are delivering for free!
  • Options
    Yeah the ikea hot dogs rule! :yum:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MattUK^
    ooh Ikea rocks!

dont ya just love nicking all the pencils they put out.. its proper fun! I got around 20 of the things once.. :D

As long as they're free I will have some too all my pencils seem to have gone walk abouts!! I also love that very comfortable furniture and the egg shaped furniture oh how i would love one of those seats:)
  • Options
    Surely this thread is dead?

It's certainly old enough to be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Yep, the hotdogs in Ikea rule,

Noooo! I cannot bring myself to eat these. What the fuck is in them that they only cost 35p? V. dodgy in my opinion.
  • Options
    my wife refuses to have anything more to do with ikea and Made For Idiots, after to many of those kinds of experiences.
    bit like the horses i used to back ...almost home and the legs come off.
  • Options
    ooh ikea, well i used to be a slob and have my stuff everywhere, now i'm still a slob but it looks much more tidy since i got my ikea stuff
  • Options
    I got an Ikea kitchen, its okay, sturdy, but it helps if your house has perfect straight walls. ours was built in 1840 and I don't think plumb lines were even invented then, so we have had to be quite creative with some of the units. Delivery was okay, it took ages, because they didn't have one set of legs!
    one work top was damaged, it was replaced in two weeks.
    building a new kitchen is something i wouldn't want to make a habit out of!
  • Options
    we don't have ikea :( have to go scotland. :(
  • Options
    i :heart: ikea stuff :D

bloody annoying store but im an ikea girl at heart! :p
  • Options
    'Its time to live, UNLIMITED!!!' :p