Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fake tan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just faked Tanned my legs and they are looking good! :) even if i do sayso myself :):D:)

Just have to wait for it to dry now........

Comments

• Options
    I hope it turns out better than it did for me when i did mine years ago . NEVER use cheap, crappy stuff cos if it rains you will have streaky legs, like got :lol:
  • Options
    dont over do it though, girls that look have too much tan look really funny. luckily im a fella and dont have to go about doing that sorta shit. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    dont over do it though, girls that look have too much tan look really funny. luckily im a fella and dont have to go about doing that sorta shit. :eek2:

I know guys that use fake tan :eek:

Personally I use the Rimmel Sunshimmer, just done mine and they should be looking good for tonight. :D
  • Options
    you have to laugh at people who have used way too much, they look like cooked chickens.
  • Options
    ive given up on fake tan, i cant get it on evenly so i just use the sunbeds, it lasts a lot longer too
  • Options
    I need to fake tan my legs, but am too scared cos I don't wanna end up looking orange! :eek2:
  • Options
    Yea a girl at college looks orange from her fake tan lol

Dont do it Faith - just wait for the sun to come back out, it'll look much better if its natural.

I would use fake tan...but I have darkish skin anyway :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    Dont do it Faith - just wait for the sun to come back out, it'll look much better if its natural.

Ah, but being a redhead I just tend to go pink! lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :crazyeyes

Still, when people ask what dye you used, ya can say its natural :)

Why not cover your hair?
  • Options
    I thought Faith meant her skin goes pink, rather than her hair? Naturally pink hair could be cool though!

LSS
  • Options
    oh....mebbe she did then....:blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I thought Faith meant her skin goes pink, rather than her hair? Naturally pink hair could be cool though!

:yes:

Pink hair would be fab though :D
  • Options
    2 words-orange hands :thumb:
  • Options
    what would you say the best fake tan in? i need to do my legs and tummy
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    what would you say the best fake tan in? i need to do my legs and tummy

the Rimmel one I mentioned earlier works well, or at least it always goes the same shade as brown on me as I go in the sun, so no one can ever tell, except if i do it badly and manage to miss patches. oops. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    2 words-orange hands :thumb:

You wash your hands, fool. :p

And more often than not when I use fake tan I end up looking brown and sexxeh. :p

I did get an orange knee the other week though. *weeps*

*admires her (fake) brownness*
  • Options
    I know a couple of girls in our year at school who use fake tan, and it is SO obvious. They are like flourescent orange!!! They try and deny it but it's like, erm, have you looked in a mirror!!! And one of them has bleached blonde hair, it clashes sooooooo badly it's amusing!!! They are twins though and the hair is the only way to tell them apart. But the tan - they don't wash it off their hands so they are orange too, it's really stupid, they think it looks good but it doesn't!!! I don't use it personally because every time I try I get patches of orange where I've missed bits shaving and the rest is as white as when I started!:p
  • Options
    *imagines daisy looking brown and intense* :naughty:

Sockgirl, I know exactly what you mean and its hilarious lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    Sockgirl, I know exactly what you mean and its hilarious lol

So, so funny!!! And they try and deny it when they are BRIGHT orange :lol:
  • Options
    "What do you mean fake tan? I dont wear fake tan??!!! What are you talking about Sanjeev, SHUT UP!"

roflmaopmp etc etc

Just ask them how they got their "tan" and they get tongue tied lol. :lol:
  • Options
    Oh we did that, but they just deny it even though they can't back it up, it's amusing!
  • Options
    Ahh and the annual skin cooking begins again.

Being pale, I am sick of people assuming that every white person (especially girls) has to be a shade of golden brown. All the time I get "Don't you go out in the sun?" Yes, I do. But I don't tan and I wear sun cream to protect me from skin cancer. "Where's your tan?" Oh I don't know, maybe I left it at home in the cupboard or in that bottle of St. Tropez? In magazines: "Don't forget your tan - white skin shows up cellulite, imperfections etc. You'll look like a beached whale".

:mad: The fact our ideal of beauty doesn't account for the fact there are so many different shades of skin in the world just aggrevates me so much.

I used to be called names when I was younger and I was so desperate for colour one year on holiday I lay out in the sun for far too long with hardly any sun cream on. The result? Severe sunburn that was visible for years. Now I just think fuck it. So a few guys think "eww she's all pale" and I still recieve stupid comments. But I'd rather be pale than cook myself.

Sorry, not that I don't like tanned people and if people want to tan safely then that's cool. I just disagree with the extremes of people cooking themselves in oil or wearing TOO much fake tan so they end up resembling an over-cooked chicken crossed with a leather bag or barbie gone horribly wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Ahh and the annual skin cooking begins again.

Being pale, I am sick of people assuming that every white person (especially girls) has to be a shade of golden brown. All the time I get "Don't you go out in the sun?" Yes, I do. But I don't tan and I wear sun cream to protect me from skin cancer. "Where's your tan?" Oh I don't know, maybe I left it at home in the cupboard or in that bottle of St. Tropez? In magazines: "Don't forget your tan - white skin shows up cellulite, imperfections etc. You'll look like a beached whale".

:mad: The fact our ideal of beauty doesn't account for the fact there are so many different shades of skin in the world just aggrevates me so much.

I used to be called names when I was younger and I was so desperate for colour one year on holiday I lay out in the sun for far too long with hardly any sun cream on. The result? Severe sunburn that was visible for years. Now I just think fuck it. So a few guys think "eww she's all pale" and I still recieve stupid comments. But I'd rather be pale than cook myself.

Sorry, not that I don't like tanned people and if people want to tan safely then that's cool. I just disagree with the extremes of people cooking themselves in oil or wearing TOO much fake tan so they end up resembling an over-cooked chicken crossed with a leather bag or barbie gone horribly wrong.

Agreed Elysium...I`m very pale too and that`s fine by me!

As for fake tan.. two words.

David
    Dickinson!
    :p
  • Options
    Ok you only put fake tan on in the summer or unless your going out well ova here thats the case, but can you still tan with fake tan on?
  • Options
    I have St Tropez done every few weeks :) put Im brown anyway! With St Tropez though, you tend to burn because it's got a orange tinge to it!! Thats why people wear Carrot Jucie to sunbathe!!