Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pubs (question)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering are the pubs open today where you are?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah cos my sister is working :)
  • Options
    Yep, they are here :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Yeah cos my sister is working :)

Pubs are all closed over here today because of good friday. Its kinda silly really. I reckon they should be open and if you choose not to drink today becasue of the day thats in it, then just dont go to the pub.
    Its kinda bad on those people that aren't christians or whatever and dont celebrate good friday.
  • Options
    nope....hopefully some will open in an hour.
    we were kicked out of the bar at 12 last night. bloody holy country. :banghead:

and i had to have fish for dinner! :mad:

can't you tell i'm not the model catholic?
  • Options
    thered be a friggin riot across the land if they closed the pubs for some italian religous freaks!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    Pubs are all closed over here today because of good friday. Its kinda silly really. I reckon they should be open and if you choose not to drink today becasue of the day thats in it, then just dont go to the pub.
    Its kinda bad on those people that aren't christians or whatever and dont celebrate good friday.

hear, hear, my good woman!
  • Options
    Yep, most of the pubs and shops were open today. I don't think they should be though. Just close up and enjoy the day off, there's Saturday and Sunday to enjoy yourself.
    I'm actually working on Monday. It's the first time they've decided to keep the call centre open on a Bank Holiday. I'm never, ever, working in anything retail orientated ever again.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    hear, hear, my good woman!

Im glad someone agrees! :)

It is a bit silly though how all the off licences were packed all day yesterday because people were stocking up on drink for today.
    I had a quiet day today compared to other years. I usually drink more on good friday than i do on most other weekends :)
    Gonna make up for it tomorrow night though.

Closing the pubs is a bit silly though, Imagine if they closed all pubs for some jewish festival or something, people would freak out. Its not fair on people that dont celebrate it. A few clubs near me are opening up at 12 tonight though but i think they are charging bout €20 in because they know they'll got the crowd. Damn publicans!

*wishes her fake tan would dry quicker*

[/rant] :)
  • Options
    €20 is normal! what'll they charge into spirit tonight? €50?! wouldn't surprise me. the only thing that bothers me is that i'm in work all weekend in the morning so i won't be going out. and last night's half arsed sham of a night out was my last in ireland for two weeks! i'm going to enjoy the exciting nightlife of lah-don baby next weekend. woo! no closing of pubs for priests and nuns there, no way!
  • Options
    Yep, my brother got £12 an hour for working today.
    Jammy sod.
  • Options
    i'm gonna piss in the bishops hat.
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw one or two open in my hometown. Quite a few people were drinking outside in the sun.
  • Options
    My local was open because they've got a special license. Went to a disco there.
  • Options
    yep