Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Crappy Country & Western Music!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just getting so pissed off with having to put up with a neighbours shitty Country & Western music. He's playing it now. He's been playing it for about two hours now, and its fucking loud. He's a bit deaf, and has it booming out. What is his problem? Can't he figure out for himself how much it might be pissing his neighbours off? I mean he lives in a house with several other people, surely he must be pissing them off to the point where they have complained? Not only that, but my neighbour on the other side of me has said she can hear his music, it's really that damn loud! I've heard the neighbours downstairs don't like it. I've heard her whinging after he's been playing it.
Ok, they should complain, and I should complain, but he should be able to figure out for himself how bloody annoying his music is. Every time it comes on my heart sinks. It's awful. I never used to like Country & Western, but now I loathe and despise it, and will never ever willingly listen to that shit ever again!
I'm going to have to say something to him, though if I had to say anything right now it would be feature mainly four letter words, and be at a volume that that bastard is used to! :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    Heres what you do:

Go over to his house
    Walk in
    Find him
    And kick him in the balls really hard
    Shout at him really loud and tell him not to be so obnoxious with his shitty music

Problem solved :)
  • Options
    or get your system, crank up the volume and wake up the neighbours with the heaviest shit that you havee. most effective when done in the early hours of the morning :D
  • Options
    Oh fuck it, it's fucking Dolly Parton now. :mad:

It used to be a bit irritating when he played it, but now it's unbearable. I mean, what's wrong with the bastard. It's Friday night, a Bank Holiday Friday night, and that selfish, moronic, bastard is playing his booming shit music unbearably loud. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    It's always the same songs too. I don't think that bastard owns more than half a dozen of them, so he just keeps putting them on over and over and over and over again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Go round and ask him to turn it down! Perhaps he hasn`t realised it`s troubling anyone. Even if he really should know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dreamer3k
    or get your system, crank up the volume and wake up the neighbours with the heaviest shit that you havee. most effective when done in the early hours of the morning :D

'Tis also a good idea, and if your going to go with this one, you play a particular song, 'Forever' by The Berzerker
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, like being an equaly obnoxious fuckwit is going to help matters. :rolleyes: That's only effective at getting the neighbours pissed off with you too, and the police at your door instead. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Now, I do like country music, but I do agree that neighbours playing any music too loudly is annoying. And boy, did I get enough of it in University halls of residence?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Oh, yeah, like being an equaly obnoxious fuckwit is going to help matters. :rolleyes: That's only effective at getting the neighbours pissed off with you too, and the police at your door instead. :mad:

Mr_Wobble ;)

if he knows that he's being an obnoxious fuckwit, then it's the only way to fight back. all's fair in love and war.

but i guess you should ask them to turn it down first :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Go round and ask him to turn it down! Perhaps he hasn`t realised it`s troubling anyone. Even if he really should know.
    The arsehole's been playing his crap that loud for years, but it's only the past couple of months it's become this loud and this often. It's driving me insane. Every time it comes on I can feel my heart sink, it's depressing. And I'm beginning to twitch too. :eek2: I'm not kidding. It's unbearable, and it's just not funny. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Surely he must wonder if it will piss people off. Nobody should have to go round and tell him it's so crap and so loud. Selfish bastard! :mad:

Mr_Wobble :eek2:
  • Options
    Surely he must wonder if it will piss people off. Nobody should have to go round and tell him it's so crap and so loud. Selfish bastard! :mad:

Uh-huh. :yes: It is selfish. In an ideal world of course you shouldn`t have to go round. But maybe he assumes if it`s pissing anyone off they`d come round and tell him.
  • Options
    if he knows that he's being an obnoxious fuckwit, then it's the only way to fight back. all's fair in love and war.

but i guess you should ask them to turn it down first :p
    Yeah, but I know he's a bit deaf, and if he's got that damn crap on that loud he won't be able to hear me knocking or the doorbell ringing. :(
    I logged off a moment a go to call the police to ask them if they could ask him politely (they would be polite, and have much more tact than I would right now), but while the phone was ringing the music finished, and it's off now! I had to embarassingly say I'd call back if he played it again to the operator at the police station. So he's not only totally pissed me off, but now made me feel like a right prat too. :mad:
    I will have a word with him over the next few days, but I need to cool off and calm down before having a word with him.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Ask him nicely first. I always expect a load of abuse when I have to do things like this, but it`s usually all that`s required.

If that don`t work petrol bomb the bastard!
  • Options
    Uh-huh. :yes: It is selfish. In an ideal world of course you shouldn`t have to go round. But maybe he assumes if it`s pissing anyone off they`d come round and tell him.
    But how can any normal sane person not realise that they can piss people off that way? He's got to be some sort of a nutter!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    u sound like u need a hug hun *hugs*
    go round and ask if he realises how loud it is
    or buy him a pair of headphones n put it through his door with a note saying 'please use' he may get the hint then!
  • Options
    But how can any normal sane person not realise that they can piss people off that way? He's got to be some sort of a nutter!

Mr_Wobble ;)

Theres some strange people about Mr W.
  • Options
    Ask him nicely first. I always expect a load of abuse when I have to do things like this, but it`s usually all that`s required.

If that don`t work petrol bomb the bastard!
    As I've already said, there's no way I could ask him nicely right now. I could shout and rant at him right now, tell him exactly what I think of him and his music, but there's now way I could do it "nicely". :no: Not now. In a few days perhaps, once I've cooled down a bit, and if he doesn't do it again in the meantime.

• Options
    I'd still go with my idea of kicking him really hard in the balls :p
  • Options
    calm down, count to ten, and write him a calm note. if you like get someone on here to help you compose it. be nice as anything.
    another thing to do it to write down the times and dates when it happens, and call the environmental health at the council, as I think they would probably come round and measure how loud it is from your side, and would tell him to keep the noise down. If he still didnt then they would confiscate his stereo, I think you should try talking to him or writing to him first. If hes hard of hearing, theres a chance he doesnt realise quite how loud it is.
  • Options
    Theres some strange people about Mr W.
    Yeah, but why do they all have to by my neighbours? I don't think there's a single, "normal", neighbour around here?
    They're all a bit strange in that house, then there's my downstairs neighbour who never goes out, and stomps up and down in the middle of the night - opening a squeeky hinged door every time she does. Her partner is an oddball too. Then there's the mad catwoman on the other side of me, and her henpecked husband. Opposite there are lesbians, and there's an couple of old people who only leave their curtains open a crack (day or night). There's a cut through at the end of the street, which links up with a cycle path that takes you to the local Netto, Aldi's, and MacDonalds, so there's a constant flow of scum up and down the street. I think I've finally had enough of being here now. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    you stay next to lesbain's? :eek2: Lucky bastard :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    calm down, count to ten, and write him a calm note. if you like get someone on here to help you compose it. be nice as anything.
    another thing to do it to write down the times and dates when it happens, and call the environmental health at the council, as I think they would probably come round and measure how loud it is from your side, and would tell him to keep the noise down. If he still didnt then they would confiscate his stereo, I think you should try talking to him or writing to him first. If hes hard of hearing, theres a chance he doesnt realise quite how loud it is.
    I can't calm down, that music drives me mad! I can't count to ten because I can't hear myself think! :mad:
    He must know how loud it is. He knows he's hard of hearing. The walls and floors vibrate in my flat, the air must be vibrating in his room so he can feel it. It really is that loud! :(
    It must be obvious to him.
    Good idea about making notes of when he's doing it, and how loud it is. It might seem a bit anal about it, but a record of when he does it, and how often, might help if I have problems with him.

• Options

Good idea about making notes of when he's doing it, and how loud it is. It might seem a bit anal about it, but a record of when he does it, and how often, might help if I have problems with him.

I don`t think you seem anal about it at all. I think you`re well within your rights to be pissed off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    you stay next to lesbain's? :eek2: Lucky bastard :p
    Opposite lesbians! I'm in a first floor flat, and their main bedroom is just about opposite my front room window! However, they're not lipstick lesbians, and even the feminine one isn't that great looking when you see her close too. And they've converted the main bedroom in to a front room! by the number of people that go in and out of that house, and the fact that many of them have keys, I think they have a couple of lodgers, and mainly live upstairs themselves.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Ah well, can't win em' all :(
  • Options
    i fucking hate country and western! "my wife died of syphillis after she ran away with the ugliest cowboy in town. my children were all killed by a drunk in a chevrolet. the landlords chucked ne outa my house and the dog shit in my shoe". that kind of c and w.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i fucking hate country and western! "my wife died of syphillis after she ran away with the ugliest cowboy in town. my children were all killed by a drunk in a chevrolet. the landlords chucked ne outa my house and the dog shit in my shoe". that kind of c and w.

:lol::lol::lol:

I sooooo hate Country and Western too, it is so cack!! My friend had a flat once and the man downstairs kept playing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' really loud over and over again and at 2 o'clock in the morning too!
  • Options
    haha, gotta love the texts. ;)

I used to be horrible when I was younger. My dad bought this Lion King cd for me and I played it frequently... too frequently perhaps. My brothers still get nightmares. :D:p

But country and western is of course a lot worse than Hacuna Matata.. That's general knowledge :D
  • Options
    i don't even like dolly partons tits!
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    My friend had a flat once and the man downstairs kept playing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' really loud over and over again and at 2 o'clock in the morning too!
    Ah, well, then you will appreciate the trauma I'm going through and suffering from. :crying: By the way, he has come home after midnight on a couple of occasions and put his music on. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i don't even like dolly partons tits!
    Nor do I, but at least they're big enough to be able to jam her nipples in your ears as ear plugs to muffle her god awful voice! :(

Mr_Wobble ;)