Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Credit / Store cards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you have any credit or store cards?

I have an American Express card and a Natwest Gold card. I also have store cards for Burton Menswear and TopShop (wouldn't dream of ever buying anything there though!)

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Egg.

    It's green. None of that Normal -> Gold -> Platinum crap!
    It's always green, even when the credit limit is 20 grand (if it goes that high).

    I don't use it, unless it can be paid off in full when they want it.
    Otherwise, the interest is horrendous.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ive got an RBS visa card, and an argos card which i dont use as the interest on it is completely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bad seed

    It's green. None of that Normal -> Gold -> Platinum crap!
    My Gold card isn't actually gold.... :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mines blue - what does that mean?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    My Gold card isn't actually gold.... :p

    No? What colour is it?

    I had a barclaycard gold once...they said "have this" so I said "damn right".
    I got rid of it, though...they wanted a tenner a year for it.
    Egg is free.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    mines blue - what does that mean?

    That means it's probably not a gold card, or an Egg.

    It might be a "Blue Card".

    Hmm... :confused::p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just a solo debit card.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bad seed
    No? What colour is it?

    I had a barclaycard gold once...they said "have this" so I said "damn right".
    I got rid of it, though...they wanted a tenner a year for it.
    Egg is free.
    It is purple, but those are my employers letterhead colours basically because I got it from work!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got a credit card which I got with my new Halifax account. Only got a £350 limit on it but I rarely use it anyway.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have my Natwest student visa which I'm trying to pay off!! :rolleyes:

    And I also have a credit card for my Smile account, but haven't got anything on that at the mo :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Solo debit card, always very useful in shops, unlike my other friend who have to draw out money form building societies. I just enjoy saying "I'll use my card!" lol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does nobody else find that Solo is rubbish? I had one when I was about 16 and hardly anywhere accepted it - although M&S will accept anything because they are so desperate for cash!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HSBC debit card (I use most) and HSBC Mastercard and Barclay's Visa. I only use the credit cards in emergencies.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Van The Man
    Does nobody else find that Solo is rubbish? I had one when I was about 16 and hardly anywhere accepted it - although M&S will accept anything because they are so desperate for cash!

    I found that when I first got one at 16, I have a switch card now though which is what I mainly use instead of my credit card and I've noticed a lot more places have started accepting solo now.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive got the shitty Solo, and the even shittier Visa Electron!! So unfortunate... :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm too young :(
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Visa, Delta, River Island and Next


    Have about £200 owed when they are all added together :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    egg visa, delta, topshop, miss selfridge, habitat and harvey nichols (i know, get me. i've never used it though, i just got free stuff if i signed up).

    :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I have too many.

    I was going to list them, but I have at least six.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A switch thing.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    meh.

    Had a Topshop, but it's paid.

    I have to sell people TJ Hughes duet/store cards..hah.

    Hello there, madam, would you be interested in saving ten per cent off of your current bargain? With our duet card, which I might add, can be used in 40 High Street names can enable you to save at most, 10%! Being a valued customer, we simply wouldn't want you to miss out! And with this fantastic card, you can even pay it for your groceries at Sainsbury's, and have a night out at the pictures, and the best part is, with up to £400 instant credit*, you can pay back the balance in full interest free within 51 days! You can recieve discounted UK weekend breaks as well as 10% off Inter Flora as well as discounted popular magazine subscriptions, it really is TOO good of an offer that you should prioritise for yourself today! :D:D:D:D


    *subject to status

    God, I have to ramble that out every day to the saps who we will fob off debt to.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a credit card. But i don't use it unless it's an emergency. I HATE being in debt
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have a visa card,
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: meh.
    Originally posted by bebedawl
    Had a Topshop, but it's paid.

    I have to sell people TJ Hughes duet/store cards..hah.

    Hello there, madam, would you be interested in saving ten per cent off of your current bargain? With our duet card, which I might add, can be used in 40 High Street names can enable you to save at most, 10%! Being a valued customer, we simply wouldn't want you to miss out! And with this fantastic card, you can even pay it for your groceries at Sainsbury's, and have a night out at the pictures, and the best part is, with up to £400 instant credit*, you can pay back the balance in full interest free within 51 days! You can recieve discounted UK weekend breaks as well as 10% off Inter Flora as well as discounted popular magazine subscriptions, it really is TOO good of an offer that you should prioritise for yourself today! :D:D:D:D


    *subject to status

    God, I have to ramble that out every day to the saps who we will fob off debt to.

    I have to do that for Debenhams... but I don't make that much effort! ;) Usually, it's something like "Would you like to save 10% by opening a Debenhams Card today?!" and they interrupt me and go "NO."

    :lol:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have shit loads of credit cards

    2 natwest amex blue card citybank dimond card, egg, barclaycard, capital one, bank of scotland, and a few more i cant remember lol
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if any of you want to send me your credit card and personal details i can show you some amazing tricks ...but it will cost you.
Sign In or Register to comment.