Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

pizza rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now my stepdad mark knows and has known for ages that I hate pinneapples cooked *I.E. on ham and pineapple*. So for a *big joke* he gives me the piece of pizza that has about 8 MILLION pieces of pineapple on it. Cue ten minutes of fingering about my pizza before I can eat it, and by the time I *do* get round to eating it it's cold and in little pieces due to the dismemberment I had to do. So I eat hardly any of it, and remain hungry :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    put the pizza on a plate, put it in the microwave

presto, just like new
  • Options
    Kick em' in the balls.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    put the pizza on a plate, put it in the microwave

presto, just like new

but it's not worth it, cos it's all magled up and the microwave would dry it up. Besides, it's in the bin now :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Kick em' in the balls.

oh you don't know just how close that has become to a reality in the past. One day.....one day ;)
  • Options
    Make that day today :yes:
  • Options
    people do that to me too :( and i don't like olives either so people put theirs on mine :(
  • Options
    there is not better than eating pizza reheated, especially after a night out. pizza for breakfast is the best hangover cure!
  • Options
    one times my friends ordered a pizza with one slice had shirp on it ... eeeewwwwww

then they gave that slice to me :(
  • Options
    shirp

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

maybe shrimp??? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    maybe shrimp??? :confused:

thats the one! :p
  • Options
    thats the one! :p

:lol:
  • Options
    you should have just left it, as a statement. Thats not very nice for someone to give you something they know you dont like deliberatly. Its not as if its funny, and its a bit disrespectful really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    you should have just left it, as a statement. Thats not very nice for someone to give you something they know you dont like deliberatly. Its not as if its funny, and its a bit disrespectful really.

Maybe next time I will just leave it there, and put a little note there with it saying *NOT funny* ;)
  • Options
    Pineapple just doesn't belong on Pizza's. Neither does sweetcorn... I usually end up just eating the base lol
  • Options
    I love pineapple on pizzas personally. You can get all kinds of stuff on pizzas that doesn`t really belong there. Like chicken tikka!

Chaos, your stepdad sounds like a twat.
  • Options
    Am i the only person who'd just take the topping off and eat it?

Its not that big a deal to have a few pineapple on it. Could have just taken it off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Am i the only person who'd just take the topping off and eat it?

Its not that big a deal to have a few pineapple on it. Could have just taken it off.

a few? the thing was covered with them! there was at least 50 pieces on it, and the piece wasn't that big! there was like a two ply thick layer of them all over, and there were some hiding under the cheese that i found when i bit into it, and it made me feel sick! I spent ten minutes actually taking them off, but all the juice had run all over it, so it was all soggy, and I'd had to pull it apart to find the pieces of pineapple, and cos it was soggy the thing tasted of pineapple, so i had a few bites then threw it away in disgust :eek2:
  • Options
    Just get a knife or something and scrape it off. I'd have done that.

A few pineapple never hurt anyone.
  • Options
    Well personally I`d eat it anyway unless it was something that was gonna make me puke. I spend too much time pickling the bits off for the kids.

I wonder if it was more the principle of the thing really. Which I can kind of understand.
  • Options
    LacyMay - I too would take the pineapple off!

Was the pizza ready made with the pineapple on? If so, perhaps it was the only thing that there was for tea? I know when I still lived at home my parents knew I did not like certain things but that they and my sister did so they would make it anyway.

At your age surely you can get something for yourself if you are so unsatisfied?
  • Options
    well if someone gave me a mushroom pizza or something, knowing full well that I HATE mushrooms, then id be pretty pissed off and wouldnt eat it. you cant really just pick things like that off pizzas, as the juice would seep into it. 9 times out of 10 I can taste it if somethings got/had mushrooms in it.
  • Options
    Meh, twas' a pizza from a box all made just had to be put in the oven but come ON, after about four months of telling them not to buy the pizza cos I hardly like it I would have thought they'd pay at least *slight* attention to their child/stepson. And it was obviously deliberate. Everyone else had maybe 1-4 peices of pineapple, I had about fifty. Seriously I think he takes digs at me though. The wanker.:o
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    Meh, twas' a pizza from a box all made just had to be put in the oven but come ON, after about four months of telling them not to buy the pizza cos I hardly like it I would have thought they'd pay at least *slight* attention to their child/stepson. And it was obviously deliberate. Everyone else had maybe 1-4 peices of pineapple, I had about fifty. Seriously I think he takes digs at me though. The wanker.:o

I personally think you've *slightly* overreacted.
  • Options
    I think its the principle of the thing really, and it sounds like it was a dig TBH, I think you may have played into their hands by even bothering to try and eat it, you should have just left it and got yourself something else.