Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Talk to yourself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did today, for about an hour and a half, completely alone in Martinshaw Wood. I learnt a lot surprisingly. You would not beleive how much stuff you are too proud/stupid to realise. For me there was a case of being too superstitious even lol.

The main thing I realised (and don't rip it cos this is serious) is that 'You control the most powerful thing there is - a human life. One human life can change the world. So don't waste it, don't hurt it, always remember that you own it and don't give it to anyone else.'

I guess there are some exceptions - like for example all the parents on thesite I think would give their lives to their children if need be. But hopefully they will never have to. But some of the things I realised made me almost laugh at myself at how dumb I was. Lol one of the things was how I was thinking about my ex's all the time, and how I interpereted symbols and stuff and tried to turn it into my favor. When at the end of the day it's already in my favor :)

Last word of the day: Happiness is the most important thing you can have so always look for it. And don't get hung up on not having things because you are in control of a wonderful human being, with more potential than any of us will probably ever realise....

Comments

• Options
    I talk to myself sometimes, but just shit, not serious stuff.
  • Options
    I talked to myself quite a lot when i did acid. Unfortunately it was all shit. Either that or made no sense afterwards. ahh well.
  • Options
    Its ok talking to yourself, but when you start replying to yourself I think thats the time to worry ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Its ok talking to yourself, but when you start replying to yourself I think thats the time to worry ;)

Damn I should be really worried then because I have entire conversations and sometimes the people in my head throw parties and act out Shakespeare.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Damn I should be really worried then because I have entire conversations and sometimes the people in my head throw parties and act out Shakespeare.

me too. I was talking like

"I mean sometimes you just need to take things less deeply, live a little."
    "I know, I know, I really don't understand why I do it, I just kinda do."
    "Me too, I don't know what to do about it" :(

but whoever said talking nd replying to yourself is insane? It's more like, articulating your feelings in a secure way :S
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist

ooooohhhh start worrying :lol:

Parties and Shakespeare thats a combination aint it :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    but whoever said talking nd replying to yourself is insane?

Its just a saying some people have....I didnt mean you were insane :lol: well maybe just a touch heh ;):p
  • Options
    I used to talk to innanimate objects, like toys, it's easier to spill to them, they don't judge you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Its just a saying some people have....I didnt mean you were insane :lol: well maybe just a touch heh ;):p

If I'm a touch insane what does that make the rest of you :p
  • Options
    i know where your coming from shyboy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    If I'm a touch insane what does that make the rest of you :p

You really want me to say :eek2:

Fookin mental !! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i know where your coming from shyboy.

OI you, dont encourage him :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Coping with schizophrenia.

LMFAO

I sing with my hairbrush in the mirror, and while not schizophrenic excatly, it's pretty damn disturbing ;)
  • Options
    I talk to myself all the time
    No you dont
    Yes I do!
    do not!
    do too!
    *smack*
    *crash*