Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Suits & ties etc. (for the lads)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is one for all the men out there...

I was wondering where people buy their formal clothes from? I've got a suit from Next, and get the odd shirt or tie from there, River Island, or Debenhams - but where would you recommend going?

Comments

• Options
    I don't have any formal clothes.

Except a pair of trousers I got from Topman and a few shirts, but their all "night out" shirts.

I aint even got shoes :eek2:
  • Options
    I dunno but woo your from Essex :D:p
  • Options
    Burtons do some canny stuff and reasonably priced :)
  • Options
    Shirts and ties from T.M. Lewin!

Er, next is ok. Hmm, there's a good clothes shops owned by the house of freaser(sp?) *forget it's name* -John lews- maybe :confused:

I normally know quite a few, but you've caught me on an off day.

I'll try and tell you a few more tomorrow, I walk past enough of them
  • Options
    I hate suits. It's a uniform invented by the Victorians, and has become a convention that has dictated the way men have been forced to dress for over a century now. :( They're bland and boring. Women can wear a huge range of interesting, colourful, great looking clothing, but men are expected to wear a boring, bland, suit. :( You can be smart without having to wear a suit, it just takes a bit of care and creativity.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I hate suits. It's a uniform invented by the Victorians, and has become a convention that has dictated the way men have been forced to dress for over a century now. :( They're bland and boring. Women can wear a huge range of interesting, colourful, great looking clothing, but men are expected to wear a boring, bland, suit. :( You can be smart without having to wear a suit, it just takes a bit of care and creativity.

Lol, I don't mind it all the time. Quite good. You can get all sorts of different types of suits!

colour, shape, design. Not all one sided

And there are blokes that dress like women too ya know, we call them drag queens;) ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Lol, I don't mind it all the time. Quite good. You can get all sorts of different types of suits!

colour, shape, design. Not all one sided

And there are blokes that dress like women too ya know, we call them drag queens;) ;)
    Yeah, but a suit is a suit all the same. I don't like them, they're all too similar.

Hmmm, crossdressing, is there something you're not telling us? What goes on underneath your suit? No! I don't wanna know!!! :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I got my suits from some stores in Clacton Factory Shopping Village :D - though I've been wearing them 5 days a week for 2 years and they haven't stood the test of time that well - one has a hole in its inner pocket which means all my money falls down there and the other has a tear in the trouser leg where they're sown together at the bottom of the leg. But I got some shirts from Cotton Traders and they're excellent, not too hot but keep you warm and very comfortable. I only have one tie though, I got my dad a nice tie when I went to Italy a few years back it was a silk tie and it had skyscrapers painted on and was really nice. Mine's more boring (it came with the suit) and is just blue with lines like - - - - - across the tie.
  • Options
    Suits you are good for smart suits and shirts. Top names as well as "cheaper" names.

They always seem to have a sale on as well :confused: