Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone got any idea why my finger nails are totally shit at the mo?? They used to be pretty long but lately they've all gone weak and keep breaking. The top layer thingy is kinda peeling too, they look shit :( And its definitly not from doing too much washing up or too much hard work! I was gonna buy some hardener stuff and paint them with it but that wont really solve the peeling layers problem, will it??

*whinge*
:(

Comments

• Options
    I've heard having kids makes um stronger.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I've heard having kids makes um stronger.

:confused: :eek: :confused:

I think i'll just get used to having icky nails then, if thats the case

:)
  • Options
    Mine are like that too :( the sides of them are all buggered up and flaking too... and usually I have really nice nails - even thogh I play guitar a lot. I think its the time of year... or the fact that I almost definatley don't get enough vitamins and minerals lol
  • Options
    Re: Nails
    Originally posted by Homer's Love Child
    has anyone got any idea why my finger nails are totally shit at the mo?? They used to be pretty long but lately they've all gone weak and keep breaking. The top layer thingy is kinda peeling too, they look shit :( And its definitly not from doing too much washing up or too much hard work! I was gonna buy some hardener stuff and paint them with it but that wont really solve the peeling layers problem, will it??

*whinge*
    :(
    Mine are like that too at the moment, they arent normally though. Buggers
  • Options
    Drink more milk, eat dairy products, take calcium supplements... and yeah I think the hardening stuff does help.

My nails are crappy at the moment too, they won't grow! :(
  • Options
    yes. Eat more cheese.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Drink more milk, eat dairy products, take calcium supplements... and yeah I think the hardening stuff does help.

:yes:
  • Options
    From the sounds of it everyones nails seem to be in bad nick at the mo.

I suppose i'll try the old calcium suggestion then. Its real annoying though. My nails used to be soooo nice! Now their not :(

Thanx for the suggestions buddy's :)