Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Slim Fast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iv started a slim fast diet yesterday and so far im doin ok! I was just wondering if anyone has eva tried it? did it work? and how long was it b4 u were losing weight?
im only tryin to lose a little for my holiday in 8 weeks-so i hope i can stick to it and lose a few pounds cos i aint got much willpower!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have a look at BBCs Diet Trials - correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't come out of it too well.
    Don't even go there!! I did lose a stone and a half of the two stone I put on in the first year at uni with Slim Fast, but I was STARVING!! The best/only diet I've tried and stuck to properly is Slimming World, cos you can eat as much as you like. Really.
    Ive been on it for a week and a half and ive lost 4 pounds but its a bit too early to tell how well it will work. I have been getting abit hungry but its ok if you make sure you snack on fruit and drink water
    I went on it and lost 10 pounds in two weeks. You can never keep to it though and you're guaranteed to put it all back on. I did, and thensome. It's just not practical.
    I tried it once and after about a week I got so bored with it I gave it up. I still reckon Weight Watchers is the best. I've lost over a stone on it and I still eat all the things I love. :)
    I tried it for six weeks and I quite enjoyed it - I used the cans of milkshake and the soup. I did eat quite a lot though - salad (mainly water etc) and I walked everyday.

Of course, when you come off it if you are going to start eating the same stuff you did before you did it and not doing any exercise then of course you're going to put the weight back on! :rolleyes:
    I heard that Slim Fast was crap...I know a couple of people who has tried it. Your best bet is good old fashioned exercise and 3 healthy squire meals a day..Cut out all the crap like sweeps and junk food and make your self a plan and stick to it.
    Originally posted by From The Block
    I tried it once and after about a week I got so bored with it I gave it up. I still reckon Weight Watchers is the best. I've lost over a stone on it and I still eat all the things I love. :)

Definitely agree with that! Weight Watchers is the best diet I've tried really although I guess I haven't tried many others! I've lost a stone so far and thats all I wanted to lose so I'm dead happy, plus you can eat what you want really, still have chocolate and stuff :)

I don't think I would try Slimfast because it just seems so boring. Plus I don't like milkshakes and stuff and the soup is minging, I tried my cousins!
    Its crap, like any crash diet.