Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

whip-its

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so me and a friend are having a dissagreement on the original whip-its. i say that the original ones were acutally the whip cream, she says that they are the more expensive 'real' things. (granted i can't explain it because i've never seen the 'real' stuff)

so, whats the verdict?

oh yea, and also, does anybody know the effects of lye? (sp?)

Comments

• Options
    And there was me thinking they were a type of greyhound...
  • Options
    No idea about the whippets question.
    From memory, lye is sodium hydroxide I think. It is very reactive so ya gotta watch out. Think it can cause blindness and maybe even death. Not a nice thing. I remember a while back hearing something about a bloke who ingested some lye (highly corrosive) and was in so much agony he threw himself through a pane of glass.
    Why do you ask anyway? Trying to make your own GHB? :p
  • Options
    Whippets eh? Well if you want to be very exact I think the term describes the little things you can get in the US to help you use the NO2 from the little canisters.
    However I'm sure the term does apply to the cans of NO2 in general.
    NO2 isnt restricted as far as I know but you might have to have a licence to buy it for consumption, however it can be bought in fairly large amounts for use in cookery.
    Its not really got a great reputation by itself but is supposed to be preaty good with cid or mushies, I've never heard of anyone using it.

As for lye, I'm preaty sure that is sodium hydroxide and thats corosive, I wouldnt consume it. As for its use in home 'cookery' www.erowid.org has some good info on that process. However it is quite illegal and you might end up with a very dangerous product at the end.