Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Coldplay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone see them last night at Manchester? Fantastic stuff - they really know how to put on a show.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I would love to see Cold Play I especially like 'clocks'. They are supposedly playing at the V Festival this summer but I haven't bought tickets to go.
  • Options
    Coldplay are good, execllent songwriters, and they don't feel the need to shout crap down a microphone.

One of the few non teeny pop acts I'd pay to go and see :)
  • Options
    Exactly. How many performers actually stand at the front of the stage and bow after a concert? Very few methinks but Coldplay are a different band altogether. They had Ian McCullough (?) and Feeder on beforehand but they really paled in comparison.
  • Options
    Alright fellow Lancaster dude! Sadly I'm at home in Northern Ireland at the minute so i couldn't go, but I saw them in November so I can't really complain. They're amazing live, such an excellent band. Chris Martin is my hero.
  • Options
    When they played in my city most of my friends all got last minute tickets from parents and ended up going. 3 of us didn't. Sob. I really, really wish I could have gone - but the tickets were sold out in a day. :crying:

I can't listen to a whole album if I'm feeling down though. Annoys me in a way that most of the lyrics are about love, but then they are so poignant that it doesn't matter. I also really admire the way they've used their position to raise awareness of Fair Trade.

Gwyneth is so damn lucky. Chris Martin is everything I want in a man: intelligent, musically talented, poetic, romantic, gorgeous, funny, seemingly down to earth....*sigh* Let's hope fame doesn't go completely to his head.
  • Options
    Coldplay are very good.

But i don't like them. Its a bit boring.
  • Options
    they are good, and i like them, but i dont think i'd buy their albums. and i do own a lot of albums. saw them at v2001, and they were very good. nice to listen to on a sunny afternoon in a field. with a joint. i'll probably see them at v2003, but i think they clash with feeder who ive never seen and i would rather see them.