Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i couldnt find another place to put this so ill put it here,
some of you might of noticed im stressed but then its highly unlikely
anyways

this is going to be long winded so dont read it if you dont want...

my older brothers now 22 and after being kicked out at 14 he didnt get an education and has survived on jobs and living in hostels,he's now actually made something of himself and is quite comfortable working as a croupe on good pay and is about to get his own place with his girlfriend,anyway
he has two kids by his last girlfriend and he's been really good with keeping in touch with them and what not but last week his daughter was taken into hospital with what the paramedics said was a bug,

he'd seen her that day and had to work of the night so he didnt go into hospital understandably as she had a bug,but this turned out to be food poisening,but he didnt know because no one bothered to contact him,anyway she was discharged from hospital the next day and he did ring her mum to ask if he could go down but she had a go at him and said it was his fault so he didnt go and my mum got pissed at darts and went and had a go at him,long and short he vowed never to talk to her again because she did say some pretty awful things to him.

but now getting to the point its all comming back onto me,she thinks because she wasnt strict on him he's done as he has and shes told me im no longer allowed freedom i cant do my usual things like shopping with mates or clubbing until im 18 which wont be soon.and shes being really strict on me and its really hit me this time,she seems to think now shes doing the right thing but she was awful to me in my early teen years always moaned and hit me and stuff and this resulted in me being put on anti depressants for the last few years.im trying my hardest but now because of all this shit with my brother shes just getting worse on me and i cant cope with it anymore,she had already agreed to let me go and move with him to blackpool but now shes telling me i cant because he's a bad influence on me and all this crap and i just cant take it.

im sorry but i just had to say this to someone.anyone.
x

Comments

• Options
    Come on Rockerchick - where's that smile? Try to be happy and feel free to chat to me about it if you need to - I'm a good listener! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Come on Rockerchick - where's that smile? Try to be happy and feel free to chat to me about it if you need to - I'm a good listener! :)

cheers james.but it looses effect after what i said to you on msn.

i know your there thank you,i just wish this place had as much as it used to have.
    people round here would rather bicker than make use of their posts.
  • Options
    Aww hun i dont really know what to say, but im here too if you ever need to talk or just get stuff off your chest :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Aww hun i dont really know what to say, but im here too if you ever need to talk or just get stuff off your chest :)

cheers:)
  • Options
    Rockerchick, how old are you? You say you won`t be 18 any time soon, but I assume if you were going to move in with your brother you must be 16. If so, although technically and legally you`re not an adult till you`re 18, if you leave anyway and go to live with your brother, there isn`t a fat lot she can do about it. It`s not like the police are going to drag a 16 year old back kicking and screaming, or treat you as a runaway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    i just wish this place had as much as it used to have.
    people round here would rather bicker than make use of their posts.
    That's not true! Well it may be for some people but by no means all of us!

Having said that, I'm not sure what i CAN tell you to try to cheer you up... have you tried talking to your mum about this? I mean, in a way it's not that unusual not to be let out to go clubbing etc (i'm not 18 til August and my mum doesn't like me out after 12am!), but it's really unfair that she's doing it because of your brother. Hope I'm not treading on eggshells but is your dad around to talk to about it? He might be able to persuade your mum. If not, just explain to her that you and your brother are NOT the same person and if she is too strict with you just because of your brother then it's going to backfire - you'll probably just end up arguing and falling out, and you'll do all those things that she doesn't want you to do anyway.

I don't know how to help but you can PM me too if you want a fresh face (or inbox) to talk to :)

*hugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    . Hope I'm not treading on eggshells but is your dad around to talk to about it? He might be able to persuade your mum.
    *hugs*

yeh my dad is arround he does live with us but he's away on business,its alright when he's here cause we just tell her to shut up and out numbered she does so (im a typical daddys girl)

i spoke to him early this morning and the motherships gona to work so im feeling abit better now:)
  • Options
    You said he was kicked out when he was 14... So if you are really that unhappy you could do the same.

Maybe, if you work very hard and are very lucky you'll be in just as good a situation as he is now.

I know this is not really a solution for you, but remember that you are not as trapped as it may seem, just knowing this can make things seem a great deal better. You can sensibly leave home at 18, then things become a lot easier for you.

(P.S. sorry, i can't help but bicker, it's my natural form of communication)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Rockerchick, how old are you? You say you won`t be 18 any time soon, but I assume if you were going to move in with your brother you must be 16. If so, although technically and legally you`re not an adult till you`re 18, if you leave anyway and go to live with your brother, there isn`t a fat lot she can do about it. It`s not like the police are going to drag a 16 year old back kicking and screaming, or treat you as a runaway.
    Thats very true. Lots of people leave home at 16, me for one of them. to be honest your mum sounds a bit mental, and she cant keep experimenting with her parenting styles like that at your age. Your not a guinea pig, and shes going to turn you away from her pretty quickly if shes not careful.
  • Options
    Talk to meeee if you want i'm on the internet most of the time not having a life an all:p