Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Kazaa

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I downloaded Kazaa onto my desktop. I tried to set it up (i.e. double clicking on it) but it said it was trying to connect to the network. After about a minute, it said '...failed.' This happened a couple of times. I tried downloaded it all again, but the same thing happened again. Do you know any solution?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Ok I too had a problem setting up Kazzaa on my computer but it never said failed to me. It just kept connecting and then one day kazam it decided that it wanted to be on my computer:D

I'm sure Kazaa will join you one day not sure what else to suggest as it said failed to you and not to me
  • Options
    Kazaa has no central server to connect to instead it randomly checks random IP addresses to see if they are running a server (called a Supernode) if they are then they quiz that supernode for the addresses of other supernodes and as you can guess it branches out like a tree. If Kazaa tries a number of IP addresses and hasnt found a supernode then it will fail, just keep trying it will probably work sooner or later (matter of probability theres a load of Supernodes out there).
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. :)

Fingers' crossed that it will work very shortly.
  • Options
    Another thing that occured to me are you connecting to the internet over a network or through a firewall or a proxy server or anything similar. If so the ports might be blocked that Kazaa uses or possibly your internet provider (some broadband companies do this) might have dissalowed kazaa on their connection (unlucky my son).
  • Options
    had this problem too. so used winmx as an alternative. but now kazaa is fine for me :)
  • Options
    Here's how to fix it:

1. Right click on Kazza
    2. Press delete and hit yes.
    3. Open browser
    4. Type www.winmx.com
    5. Download and setup Winmx and download more tunes than Kazza has. :)
  • Options
    I am worried that someone who uninstalls programs by deleting the exe is giving computing advice?!

Have you ever used WinMX on dial up connection?! Its AWFUL! It was designed for broadband on which it works nicely but people on dial up dont like to sit around for 3 hours just waiting for the stupid download to start.
  • Options
    I was gonna say tha same about firewalls/networks. Networks have dodgy firewall systems expecially in educational institutes.

WinMX is complete crap. I had it for a month and used it every day. Couldn't find a SINGLE thing I wanted. Don't bother mate. Not worth the energy to click the mouse button.
  • Options
    use both.
  • Options
    Or atleast use kazaalite

without all the spyware etc...

and if u have the bandwidth, i believe emule , in conjunction with sharereactor is fantastic.
  • Options
    I am worried that someone who uninstalls programs by deleting the exe is giving computing advice?!

Sorry, Mr. Know-It-All-about-everything.
    Have you ever used WinMX on dial up connection?! Its AWFUL! It was designed for broadband on which it works nicely but people on dial up dont like to sit around for 3 hours just waiting for the stupid download to start.

I've used WIN MX since the first beta and it's always been quick for me on dial-up and neva had any problems..So much more choice in music. I typed in Oasis on Kazza and it came up with summit like 107 results and tried the same on Win Mx and came up with over 3000 and half of them wasn't in a que.
  • Options
    yeah, ive used winmx for a while and it gives me more variety in files as kazaa has like a maximum number of files to display when searching.