Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

How much do you love us?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well how much?

Yes, this thread is a shameless fish for compliments about TheSite and how it has helped you. Us being charitable and all we often have to prove we're worth the invested cash so without being to crass and sucky we'd just like you lot to tell us how, if at all, we've helped you in your lives.

Either post your praise here, or pm/ email me (susie@thesite.org) with the words "TheSite praise" in the subject bar

Thanking you all in advance

Susie :)

Comments

• Options
    Thesite amuses me greatly.
  • Options
    I haven't actually received any advice, mainly due to the fact that I haven't really posted any problems. I have posted some advice to the younger members (LacyMay :p ) which hopefully is helpful but to be honest....

I'm just here for the laugh. I was bored over Chrimbo at work and stumbled across thesite. But now I'm hooked and can't leave AnythingGoes.

Of course none of this matters as I fall outside the "target audience" :D

But I do think alot people have and will continue to receive advice and help, so keep up the good work :thumb:
  • Options
    Thesite has helped me with many of my problems, and im sure it will continue to do so in the future
  • Options
    It's not the place, it's the people.

Of course, we have to meet somewhere...
  • Options
    I don't use the site as my bible for life but it's been pretty useful, some of the members on here give really good advice :) and I try to give advice as well, hopefully some of that's useful. I also use it for a laugh, it's fun :D and a great way to avoid working :rolleyes:
  • Options
    it has helped/amused me --> <-- that much... but hey i'm new :p
  • Options
    Thesite has ruined my life. I now have no control over how many hours i can spend here.
    But Thesite is a place where ican come to laugh, and to get and give advice, it is great :):D
  • Options
    Hmmm, surely this is like Help The Aged asking old people to say nice things about them isn't it :p

Nah seriously...

Just today I've looked at one of them magazine thingys about something I needed help with, and it really gave me a few good pointers as to what to do.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've got a sense of perspective about loads of stuff I've had going on. And I dunno about anyone else but I feel really flattered people are willing to give me their time to help me out even if it is just 5 minutes.

TheSite is very helpful to me.

My T-Shirt size is small by the way :p
  • Options
    Yay to Thesite

To be honest, this place has been a great place for me, for many reasons.
    Went i first came here in sept 2001, i had recently lost my dad to suicide & i needed some help. I came accross this place & although no one can change what has happened, i have realise i'm not alone in how i feel. Thsi makes a huge difference to me, knowing others feel like i do sometimes, i'm not going mad.
    Also of course i met my lovely Marmite through this site, whcih is the best thing thats ever happened to me. :D
    Its a place where i feel i can talk about almost everything.

Well done mods for keeping this place, to help me stay sane.:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    ...I feel really flattered people are willing to give me their time to help me out even if it is just 5 minutes.

TheSite is very helpful to me.

My T-Shirt size is small by the way :p

I gotta agree, its nice to know people take there time to try & help you.:) its nice to know
    someone will always listen.
  • Options
    PS I think you all deserve a huge raise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    PS I think you all deserve a huge raise.

And how much did they pay you to say that?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    And how much did they pay you to say that?!

Nothing yet
  • Options
    Nothing yet

Heh, Tart.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Heh, Tart.

You know it :p
  • Options
    TheSite, clearly raise my parents phonebills, which has caused a lot of falling arguments :D

Seriously,TheSite has been a place to giggle, and seek objective help whenever needing it.
    Plus, I guess you could say my English understandment has improved. This has forced me to learn txt tlk ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Plus, I guess you could say my English understandment has improved. This has forced me to learn txt tlk ;)
    Lol
  • Options
    I like to thank thesite!

It’s been a great inspiration to me, it helped me focus my laziness into something positive, enabling me to offer my help to others *I know some of my help and suggestions were not always appreciated by mods and posters but ho hum*:p

It’s motivated me in so many ways! Made me “lol” so many times and helped me to gain new understanding on so many subjects I had never even thought about. Also improved my vocabulary 10fold:p And it let me flirt with so many young sexy girls for free!:D :eek: :D

I did as well found a very special girl here:)

I do know that I might have to leave soon, but I doubt it will be for good.
  • Options
    Thesiters are generally very good at giving advice, probably because of the range of backgrounds from which they come, which enables a variety of opinions.

Thesite is also normally a fun and worthwhile place to be, mainly due to its friendly members. (come on, I'm sucking up - now, who's gonna buy me a beer? :D )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    (come on, I'm sucking up - now, who's gonna buy me a beer? :D )
    - not until i get my baileys!

*wanders if these comments are being passed on to some sort of governement official in order for thesite to still get money*

wonderful lovely fantabidosey place to hang around. I came here after problems aswell, and i;ve never left. Even if its not something personal you wanna talk about, we have a great laugh, i mean - look at some of the threads... stuff about talking dogs and random RANDOM things... anyone can come here and everyone is welcome which is great. And you can see just how good friends people have become... we've got couples and meets and everything going on. And even those that aren't here for whatever reasons, such as rubberskin and turtle, they're still *here* and we still talk about them.
    Thanks guys!

ooh ooh... and the mods look after us too and offer some really helpful links and advice :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    - not until i get my baileys!

You're on your sixth litre bottle! I can't keep giving you free drinks! ;)
  • Options
    Thesite is a wonderous tool of procrastination. *nods*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    You're on your sixth litre bottle! I can't keep giving you free drinks! ;)

*gasp*... but i like baileys :crying:
  • Options
    *reads off cue card in a monotonus voice*

i love you greatly. the site keeps my mornings and afternoons filled with fun and enjoyment. everybody is so nice and caring. i love the site... :p
  • Options
    i love thesite and most people here. Especially those ones in my sig.

The mods are fantastic and so.. cool I just respect them, they are like the 'cool kids' of the playground :D

If there wasn't a law against it I would marry thesite....

And have its babies :D
  • Options
    Thesite amuses me greatly.
    :yes: et moi
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

If there wasn't a law against it I would marry thesite....

And have its babies :D

i always worried for you shyboy... its groby college isnt it... they've done this to you!!!!

mwa :D
  • Options
    I like thesite alot i have a lot to thank it for first off. When i started out on here i was lonely and found this place by chance. I ask for advice on things and i always got good replys back :) Looking back on old threads is sometimes fun cos you see alot of peeps on here grow up in a way, in such a short space of time:) My life has got so much better now a 100% :)

Without the site i wouldnt have my girlfriend rachael (angelbabe) So really my life would be so diffrent now and dare i say it more shit. Im really happy i found thesite. Its all down to angelbabe so thanks rachael baby!

Thesite now has changed tho Its like everybody knows each other so well that when somebody say's something wrong a gang of members all have a go at that person (member) mind you when its fun its fun but for me ive lost the thought and that i need to go on thesite everyday. Its lost that are have a quick look and 3 hours later still be here effect on me. But well its ok ish now.
  • Options
    This place isn't how it use to be, but it is a great place for advice and some friendly chats! I'm glad I found this place because without it I wouldn't have adam, but it also gave me great advice in the past. There are some really good members here who genuinly help people out and have good advice, and whenever I'm annoyed or need help I can come on and ask for help on here and its great! there are some arguments that get abit out of hand but thats too be expected and it would be boring if we were all to serious and sensitive.
  • Options
    Interesting.

Helpful.

Infuriating.

Like everything else, really.

I quite like it. Yes.

:)

Miffy is the most accurate so far, though...it is "a wonderous tool of procrastination". So funkily written, too. :D